There are close to 900 units in the Grand Residence mind you...

No I didn't ask when construction was starting. But an occupancy of 2011 for the Residences and 2012 for the Grand Residences means they must be starting relatively soon, as it's almost 2010 now, and I'd think it takes more than a year to construct a condo.

Jasonzed at SSC posted the following info yesterday....:)

Well, I went to the Parkside Village sales office today and found out that construction is scheduled to start in November. Tower 1 and podium is scheduled to be completed in summer of 2011 and tower 2 and podium in spring of 2012; no date was provided as to when tower 3 will be released.

some ground clearing over the last couple of days at the Parkside Village site (MCC Community Park in the foreground)........no idea if this is significant or not...pic by Jasonzed at SSC

20091121002.jpg

Last edited:
The development is going on the southwest side of that intersection I believe, so I don't know what they are doing on the north west corner in the photo. Maybe that corner will be for construction trailers?
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2010's people to watch: Lilliana Di Franco, developer

from today's Star.....

January 3, 2010

Gale Beeby

REAL ESTATE EDITOR

Being in the same room as developer Lilliana Di Franco could make even the most serious type-A personality feel like an underachiever.

Di Franco, 36, seems to be in constant motion, as is evident during a recent tour of her "office" – the sales centre for Amacon's Parkside Village community.

She races through the sales office, pointing out some of the features of the 6,000-unit development that she says will "change the face of Mississauga," including a "green corridor" that will lead residents into the the YMCA, central library, city hall and Square One shopping centre.

Petite and pretty, Di Franco comes from a development background – her father, Amalio DeCotiis, ran the Vancouver-based Amacon Group, which includes Pinnacle and Onni, for over 40 years before his death three years ago.

"Parkside was his last acquisition," says Di Franco, who has a B.A. in history from Simon Fraser University. "He saw this 30-acre parcel as revitalizing what was wrong with Mississauga's city centre. He wanted to animate life at street level."

Di Franco's brother Marcello DeCotiis, one of four siblings, is president of Amacon while she's the company's vice-president.

As such, she's leading the sale and marketing end of 6,000-unit Parkside.

So Di Franco is the face of the company – the one who meets the public, the press and city councillors.

The one mandate that Di Franco holds paramount is community building. So this holiday season, she ran a food drive, where for every 10 pounds of non-perishable food donated to the Mississauga Food Bank at Parkside's sales centre, purchasers received $1,000 off the price of their unit, up to $12,000.

"It's part of our urban strategy to became a part of the neighbourhood," she says, "which is also why we're planning retail, commercial and restaurants at street level.

"This will be one of the most densely populated sites in Canada when it's complete."

In Vancouver, Amacon became synonymous with a stylish west coast architectural style.

"We are developers who are architecturally driven," says Di Franco, who has a "a big house in Lawrence Park that my husband, Vito, and I need to fill."

Di Franco will oversee the groundbreaking for the first tower of Parkside Village this spring, with groundbreaking for the second tower coming in the fall, and the launch of the third tower later this year.

Marcello says he and his sister have a great working relationship.

"She can play any position on the team," he told the Star earlier this year. "If there's a wall, she's going to knock down the wall, or she'll go over it, through it, around it, make sure it's not standing by the time she's done with it."

Look out: Lilliana is on the move

Still nothing on site? I guess Amacon is still having financing issues... perhaps waiting for Elle to start taking occupancy, ie more cash coming in...

edit: Well they did say spring in their last article. I hope it is very early spring, ie soon.

Last edited:
reported on SSC this morning that Amacon have started excavating at the Parkside Village site! Big news for Missy if true.....

reported on SSC this morning that Amacon have started excavating at the Parkside Village site! Big news for Missy if true.....

HAHA nice, we posted at the same time, 9:26, but I guess you beat me by a few seconds.

Whoah, Kraylin, great minds think alike, eh?

they did some site prep over the last 2 weeks, mostly to prepare what looks like a staging area....couple of pieces of heavy equipment have arrived, and now today a construction trailer with "Site Office" on the side was dropped off....looks like start of real excavation for phase 1 is getting close.....

Back