Long term , I think it would great if the parking lots at square one could be built down, with a park added on top. As well make the roof of the mall a greenroof. It would give the appearance of central park surrounded by towers.

from today
20111211a007.jpg

20111211a005.jpg

20111211a006.jpg

20111211a003.jpg

20111211a018.jpg

20111211a019.jpg

20111211a016.jpg

Jasonzed, that photo is great. It encapsulates certain themes of Toronto's contemporary suburbs that are dominant: a lot of sprawl, growing high-density city centres, the mix of unique and disposable buildings, and a strong multicultural atmosphere.

Jasonzed, that photo is great. It encapsulates certain themes of Toronto's contemporary suburbs that are dominant: a lot of sprawl, growing high-density city centres, the mix of unique and disposable buildings, and a strong multicultural atmosphere.

Thx. I took it while on the wrong GO Bus. The Union Station guys gave me the wrong bus number so I made the best of it.

Taking a look at the podium renderings, it looks like the upper floors will be residences. It would have been great if at least one section of the eastern podium were designated as office space.

This is one project I am looking forward to seeing how it interacts with the street. Limelight was another project, but they failed on the western portion, with the townhomes.

They were putting up a 4th crane today - so now there is one for each building under construction - Residences, Grand Residences, and Park Residences, plus one for a portion of the podium...Park Residences just finished excavation, and is now beginning the below-grade pour...

Back