I've been here 10 months...

It's not progressing as quickly as I'm used to..

Given who the builder is, not surprising. Looked at how long it took them to build the 3 condos towers on Hurontario St, south of Elm Dr.

I got photos of the site going back as far as 2006 showing how long it took them to built the sales office. Never seen a sale office take that long to built as that one.

from today
20110716022.jpg

20110716021.jpg

20110716024.jpg

20110716025.jpg

20110716026.jpg

July 26
A number of heavy equipment and trucks on site. Look like they are starting to build the road system since sewer lines went in the past few weeks.
5979163287_a50fd885f7_b.jpg

5979162631_106bf20cbf_b.jpg

5979161823_27bfe49b4d_b.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures Drum118 - always appreciated.

Quick question, as you seem to follow these things... any idea why coming southbound on Confederation they have no left turn lane for Princess Royal Dr - which would actually lead you into the mall entrance, but they do have one for City Centre Dr which is permanently closed to vehicle traffic one block over? You have to either backtrack to north Princess Royal or go south to Burnhamthorpe.

If they're going to have it permanently closed for Celebration Square, they need to re-think the way they route eastbound traffic from Confederation... or will City Centre Dr be open for most of the year after seeming showcasing the new square?

I think a left turn to Princess Royal is needed regardless.

Thanks for posting the pictures Drum118 - always appreciated.

Quick question, as you seem to follow these things... any idea why coming southbound on Confederation they have no left turn lane for Princess Royal Dr - which would actually lead you into the mall entrance, but they do have one for City Centre Dr which is permanently closed to vehicle traffic one block over? You have to either backtrack to north Princess Royal or go south to Burnhamthorpe.

If they're going to have it permanently closed for Celebration Square, they need to re-think the way they route eastbound traffic from Confederation... or will City Centre Dr be open for most of the year after seeming showcasing the new square?

I think a left turn to Princess Royal is needed regardless.

Things may change with the opening of Sq One Dr on Aug 22, but my understanding it had to do with the LAC and traffic noise as well Sheridan College. With LAC Dr becoming a major street in the coming years, noise will be louder than it is now.

The closing of City Centre for Celebration Square is only between May and Oct only. There was talk about closing it 100% a few years ago and one reason on street parking was removed from the plans, but council went with a single lane and the closing during the summer months only. I agree with the removal of the on street parking in this area.

The plan for Sq One Dr is to continue west and connect to Rathburn at Elora Dr. This will require a full intersection at Confederation Dr and that may happen in 2012.

The City is slow and out of tune for road planning for the city core with Sq One Mall having too much say in the planning.

I've been observing both Limelight and Parkside, Parkside is rising really soo slow. I'm pretty sure they can not finish it before the end of next year.

Well, my time on this job is done. My crane is coming down in the next coupla weeks and I've moved on to Liberty Village for a short time and then Sherway...

Bye bye Mississauga....

What is the final product going to look like? The render Ive seen doesn't seem to represent its surroundings accurately.

When is the entire Parkside Village supposed to be complete?

Back