Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

Vanalla

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is interesting real estate wise. The floor plans are combining office spaces and bedrooms, touting them as "Guest hosting space".

Don't know about you, but if a company was paying for my travel but had me put up literally inside their office (let alone their building) I would be having second, third, and fourth thoughts about continuing to work for them. If I were a business owner it would be incredibly weird for me to just live in my office space, especially if I had employees coming and going. (and a family!)

Haven't there been countless studies showing the negative health effects of merging work and home? Isn't this almost like literally never being disconnected?

Strikes me as a sneaky way for developers to start charging office rent for residential space, and that's a dangerous precedent to be setting in the middle of a housing crisis.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Looks like this may be renamed as "Warehouse Lofts" by The Sher Corporation:

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The project website says that they're "now preparing for demolition" of the existing building on site:

While on Sher Corp's main website, they're saying that construction has started:

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto