Tuesday:

20230307_174445.jpg

Sometimes just gotta take one for the team,... checking what's in the back near the bottom - usually not pretty,...glazing is up, mullion galore

P1150751.JPG

P1150754.JPG

P1150761.JPG

P1150769.JPG

Last edited:
The precast looks pretty good. I can see why one would be put off by the transoms and mullions, but this regular grid pattern looks better than the usual hodgepodge stuff. Almost a warehouse aesthetic.
Agreed. We normally refer to mullions (vertical) and transoms (horizontal) as simply mullions, (good enough, I mean, who's got the time?), and I'm maybe louder than anyone in terms of coming down on throwing up too many of them on a building… but this is an aesthetic where it works very well, getting the proportions right and presenting a clean, repetitive grid is the key; the modern industrial chic works well.

A few more pictures of the windows.

To be honest, I was expecting much worse for this one. It's a little bit too early to tell, but I like the darker mullions at the very least.

PXL_20230317_204126167.jpg

PXL_20230317_204134469.jpg

@fatty's photo of "Advance Forming Inc" seems to indicate they messed up and are now doing corrective concrete forming,... about 10 days ago, there was a "Concrete Scanning" Company van parked on-site along with an "Ontario" government SUV (Ministry of ????),... anyone have an idea of what exactly they messed up?

Tons - at least according the plan - I believe initially it was to be a grocery store but (thankfully) that's been scrapped now.

Back