Is it a sales problem? Or is it an inability of a developer and the City to agree on density, etc?

Thanks for the info. Please keep us posted on events at this site!

The Chez Laurent restaurant is closed and boarded up ready for demolition. Maybe this is a sign of things to come.
The restaurant caught on fire last week, still caution tape around the restaurant. I am sure they will knock it down so it does not happen again.

Not so many moons ago, there used to be a few French restaurants here on Yonge and along Sheppard,.... now, they've all disappeared,.... due to changing demographics,...... now, have to go south of Highway 401 to find French restaurants.

Anyone know what happened here? The OMB Case (no. PL100804) was closed without any hearings taking place. Has Conservatory just given up for the moment here? @sunnyraytoronto: maybe you know something?

Not so many moons ago, there used to be many construction cranes on Yonge and along Sheppard,.... now, they've mostly all disappeared,.... due to changing priorities,...... now, have to go south of Highway 401 to Eglinton,... to find construction cranes! ;p

Some low-res renders over at the (not sure if official) website. These may have been posted here before, as they look vaguely familiar to me, but I didn't find them on the last two pages. I'm also not sure if the information below is new or not, considering this has been a dead thread since April.

Anyway, IMO, this is the least attractive tower of the bunch and a step down in the design language department. Should complete the Yonge street wall nicely though, slab or not, and has a great location.

From here: http://pearlplacecondos.ca

Pearl Place Condos is a new mixed-use condominium development currently in pre-construction at 19 Hollywood Avenue from the Conservatory Group in Toronto, Ontario. It will consist of a 34 storey building with 431 dwelling units.

This 34 storey building will be 114 metres high with ground floor retail use (2,543.90 square metres) and the 2nd and 3rd floor for commercial use (5,979.50 square metres) in a three and four storey podium with a 30 storey tower above. There will be 431 residential units of which 198 are 1 bedroom units, 179 are 2 bedroom units and 54 are 3 bedroom units. Total residential space for this development is 37,192.50 square metres.

There will be a total of 622 parking spaces in a 5 level of underground parking. 431 spaces will be for residents, 43 spaces for residential visitors, 108 for commercial parking spaces and 40 parking spaces for the Royal Canadian Legion hall located on 6 Spring Garden Avenue. There will also be 431 bicycle spaces on all levels in the underground parking. There are two loading docks.

There will be a proposed 923 square metres of indoor amenity space located at the centre of the 4th floor. This is where you'll find the exercise rooms, games area, swimming pool, theatre and dining and entertainment rooms. There will also be a proposed 647 square metres of outdoor amenity located on the two outdoor terraces on the same 4th floor.

PearlPlaceCondos14.jpg.opt544x672o0%2C0s544x672.jpg

PearlPlaceCondos16.jpg.opt436x279o0%2C0s436x279.jpg

PearlPlaceCondos15.jpg.opt435x279o0%2C0s435x279.jpg

Some low-res renders over at the (not sure if official) website. These may have been posted here before, as they look vaguely familiar to me, but I didn't find them on the last two pages. I'm also not sure if the information below is new or not, considering this has been a dead thread since April.

Anyway, IMO, this is the least attractive tower of the bunch and a step down in the design language department. Should complete the Yonge street wall nicely though, slab or not, and has a great location.

PearlPlaceCondos14.jpg.opt544x672o0%2C0s544x672.jpg

It would have fitted nicely with the other ConservatoryGroup condos behind it directly to the east,.... but it won't be built for a while,... thus, don't waste your time walking by the Shawarma or burnt out French restaurant looking for signs of impending demolition,....

Like I said before,... "changing priorities",....

ConservatoryGroup tend to be an odd developer,...

ConservatoryGroup's "coming soon" list is a funny thing,... let's put it this way: 4800 Yonge (southwest corner of Yonge & Sheppard) was acquired by Menkes about 1.5 years ago, now Menkes and city can't agree on zoning changes and density, Menkes chopping proposal and going to OMB, city still fighting tough, so it'll be a long fight. Whatever gets built at 4800 Yonge Street will likely be completed before ConservatoryGroup starts digging for Pearl2

Huh? You trying to be funny? You thought Menkes 4800 Yonge proposal for 49 storey residential condo (with handful of token floor office space & retail) on land zoned for all office would actually fly with city???

4800 Yonge (southwest corner of Yonge & Sheppard) was acquired by Menkes about 1.5 years ago, now Menkes and city can't agree on zoning changes and density, Menkes chopping proposal and going to OMB, city still fighting tough, so it'll be a long fight.

Do you have evidence for this? Why have we not heard of this?

Not so many moons ago, there used to be many construction cranes on Yonge and along Sheppard,.... now, they've mostly all disappeared,.... due to changing priorities,...... now, have to go south of Highway 401 to Eglinton,... to find construction cranes! ;p

This seems very true ! I think VCC / Y-E are all more promising short term opportunities for developers ; I assume things will pick up in NYCC eventually but not sure when !

Back