Its better than I gave it credit at the start but its still fairly meh ... I do like the white metal frame.

80-90% of purchasers of any condo in Toronto are investors including high end condo's like Four Seasons, Shangri-la, Trump etc and they buy into these buildings for ROI nothing else. Developers know this and they keep churning out the same crappy glass construction as its fast and cheap. In some condo's the number of end users is only a handful.

You're right, of course. It doesn't make it any less depressing.

August 10 2014
ehbr0j.jpg

xbx0yx.jpg

80-90% of purchasers of any condo in Toronto are investors including high end condo's like Four Seasons, Shangri-la, Trump etc and they buy into these buildings for ROI nothing else. Developers know this and they keep churning out the same crappy glass construction as its fast and cheap. In some condo's the number of end users is only a handful.

Do you have any numbers to back up this claim?

I would have to dig up the stats, any Realtor with reasonable experience will tell you the same thing. My background is high net-worth asset management so I know first hand 80-90 of the condos are never end users, even lower priced units in Liberty Village which many believe is a "first time buyer" area.

Such a Jeckyll and Hyde building. Some days, you don't notice the spandrel, and on others you do.

Back