News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Infield has reopened!

Odd listing of airlines using Infield - I would have expected Transat and Sunwing (especially the latter, as their chronic lateness is a major headache for T3 users, mainly Westjet, and is why they got kicked out of T1 last year).

Aer Lingus really doesn't belong there.

Neither does Icelandair. It should be the charter and discount airlines. WOW qualifies.

AC flies 777's on most high volume long haul routes.

It is abhorrent that AC, a key tenant at YYZ, resorts to this practice and cant or wont use its weight to get GTAA moving on proper expansion and/or opening the infield terminal.
Time for a letter to Calin Rovinescu. Stairs in Nice, France or Minneapolis, fine. Stairs in Toronto into a not regional jet, not fine. Passengers will be so glad they paid Air Canada’s J class fare.

I've gotten off a Lufthansa 747 in Frankfurt using stairs!
I honestly don't know what they did with the wheelchair passengers.

Question: Which is worst?
  • Infield terminal?
  • Or buses directly to apron position and stairs?

• Infield terminal?
Buses and stairs.

The use something similar to the food trucks (with slightly nicer interiors) which can be raised to door level at the front and have a loading ramp/elevator on the back that reaches ground level.

• Infield terminal?

Buses by quite a wide margin when it's raining.

The infield terminal has basic services (bathroom, minimal food service, seating, etc.) and protection from weather.

1024px-Mobile_lounge_Washington_Dulles_Airport_2010.jpg

Plane Mates Anyone?

Attachments

• 1024px-Mobile_lounge_Washington_Dulles_Airport_2010.jpg
    1024px-Mobile_lounge_Washington_Dulles_Airport_2010.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,417
Infield has reopened!

Odd listing of airlines using Infield - I would have expected Transat and Sunwing (especially the latter, as their chronic lateness is a major headache for T3 users, mainly Westjet, and is why they got kicked out of T1 last year).

Aer Lingus really doesn't belong there.

Depends on a few factors i'd imagine.
- Type of gate demanded. Presumably they are freeing up space at wide body gates for westjets 787 international expansion. So moving a sunwing or even transat who primarily operate narrow body 737's and 320's would not work.
- time of demand. Again if this is being done to give westjet some international gates than the gates will be needed in the afternoon/evenings not the early morning when most of sunwing and transats flights are occurring.
- finally, and without looking up each airlines flight schedule, these airlines likely operate only one or two flights per day. So relocating those airlines would create the least amount of impact to passengers of those airlines.

There are basic services (Relay store and duty free) at the IFT.

Some of the transborder gates on Pier F were also converted to swing gates to relieve the hammerhead.

AFAIK both T1 and T3 were built with infrastructure for remote busing from day one, it was just mothballed until now. When the east holdroom for transborder CRJs was still open, the incoming buses dumped their passengers near the base of Pier F, I recall that there was an escalator up to the customs hall.

When the east holdroom for transborder CRJs was still open, the incoming buses dumped their passengers near the base of Pier F, I recall that there was an escalator up to the customs hall.
What was the East hold room?

Today on my commute on the 401 EB between EM and HO, I saw 6 planes taking off in a 4 min stretch. With the recent AC and Air China pact and more airlines applying to land at YYZ, terminal expansion has to be accelerated.

Today on my commute on the 401 EB between EM and HO, I saw 6 planes taking off in a 4 min stretch. With the recent AC and Air China pact and more airlines applying to land at YYZ, terminal expansion has to be accelerated.
Dont worry, the construction of the pathetic Pier G will certainly make for the allowance of more wide-bodied aircraft!

Dont worry, the construction of the pathetic Pier G will certainly make for the allowance of more wide-bodied aircraft!
They're not building Pier G, they're building Pier H, which seemingly can only hold aircraft as large as a 767 at best. Also, a lot of widebodies fly into terminal three. Any chance of making terminal 3 the domestic terminal and Terminal 1 purely transborder/International?

Back