If your only expectation is the ubiquitous wall of glass and exposed concrete, then yep, it meets the street mighty fine but it's still boring as hell. (not to mention sterile and predictable) I wish we were past this stage in Toronto but obviously, we're not.

I actually don't find it boring. I think that the the way the glass is patterned is eye-catching and interesting, and even though the structure is more or less a box they've managed, to my mind, to have made creative use of it. When you follow the brick work around you notice that the pattern is being constantly disrupted, which creates interest, but it's not so busy that it looks messy--to me.

Oh you can justify it anyway you want but the fact is, it's still just a wall of glass and there is nothing here of interest. The exposed concrete inside the wall of glass, doesn't help either.

The fact is not "it's still just a wall of glass and there is nothing here of interest". The fact is that you have an opinion, and that others have other opinions, and apparently they differ. Allow others on UrbanToronto the luxury of disagreeing with you without you telling them they cannot be right.

P7PTvRH.jpg

This is one of the best looking of the new builds. It looks very sophisticated. I don't know what the actual units are like. Anybody here have one?

The only "sophisticated" thing that I can see here is the podium (which I love), the upper portion is just an overrated all-glass-balconies. The random pattern of white sprandel doesn't make this building "sophisticated", imho. That said, at least the material quality is better than your average condo.

The only "sophisticated" thing that I can see here is the podium (which I love), the upper portion is just an overrated all-glass-balconies. The random pattern of white sprandel doesn't make this building "sophisticated", imho. That said, at least the material quality is better than your average condo.

Once people move in and window coverings are installed, those characteristic random white spandrel panels will get lost and disappear. Those white spandrel panels should be thicker and standout more instead of being so flat with the rest of the window wall.
The units themselves are nothing special in terms of design and finishes, very typical of almost everything out there. The units are also on the small side.
I really like how the podium is barely a podium.

The window wall that continues to the mechanical penthouse level without a roof looks a bit weird and incomplete.

I wouldn't want a whole neighbourhood full of these, but this one by itself looks great in context. I think this might be my favourite aA building

Back