vIZeDfw.jpg

ryqS9Ek.jpg

What this corner really needs desperately is a Starbucks! Oh, wait, Wow. There is one. Problem solved. Phew.

I'm not typically someone who appreciates an all-glazed frontage with little variation or relief, but having walked past it several times and seeing/experiencing it in its context, I think it works quite well here.

The Starbucks enlivens the Adelaide sidewalk frontage.

I thought this would be just another bland glass box but I am pleasantly surprised and the podium are grey brick is quite handsome.

The storefronts have some character with the concrete structural framing visible behind the glazing.

Love the look of the tower rising straight up from the street. It seems like all buildings now have a 5-8 storey podium and a smaller tower rising from that.

Love the look of the tower rising straight up from the street. It seems like all buildings now have a 5-8 storey podium and a smaller tower rising from that.

Speaking for myself, I've never been a huge fan of podia. Sometimes they enhance the tower, but most of the time I like the clean lines of a simple tower better.

Back