That is just massive!
2fa9539e-3ed7-42d7-a9ff-85b2bce5546d_zpsttttoncb.jpg

Last edited:
These are terrible buildings.....
It seems like the Toronto area builders are actually in a race to the bottom of "who is the most Terrible"

Are they trying to be urban or suburban? If urban, why put those strips of grass between the retail and the sidewalks? Why not just wider sidewalks if you plan to make it pedestrian oriented?

This is the first time I seen this project come on stream. And it looks quite massive for the Etobicoke area!

It's good to see that the proposal is well activated by retail at ground level, and that there are some office floors in the podiums that face Dundas Street, but I wish the road network was more urban, more disciplined, with straighter roads. With the amount of land they have to play with here, they have a chance to do something great. This is only great big so far.

It's too early to put any stock in the architectural expression of any of the buildings beyond number 1 in the northeast corner (for which we have a Site Plan Application). Building #1 is nowhere near as adventurous as the others, so either take heart from that or be concerned, depending on how you feel about the designs. I dare the final designs to be as bold as this concept, but I'm not betting on it at this point.

Indeed - I am all for a more generous, properly treed setback to deal with what's a relatively harsh street - but gawd, a series of unrelated parks breaking up the street is not great UD.

AoD

It makes for a strange blend of urban and suburban-style development. It won't remake Dundas into the great pedestrian street it should be with all that new density plus the storefronts along Dundas.

We're not being fanciful here. The city is spending millions to remake Dundas into a pedestrian-friendly street a few blocks to the east with the Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration project. It's important to get things right so that the investment isn't a waste of money.

They could widen the sidewalks to take over half of a traffic lane, with the other half for bicycle use.

This is absolutely huge and should receive a lot of attention!

First of all, great that this is coming at all, compared to what is there presently. Second, what a great precedent this will set for adjacent areas like across Shorncliffe (Shorncliffe station anyone?).

Third, we need to get over the immediate wow factor and start tweaking to get this right. As others pointed out, I am skeptical about the Dundas-facing park. I know and understand it is very difficult for developers and the general public to imagine Dundas as something other than the 'harsh' street that is in this stretch, especially since there is nothing urban on the north side of the street to compliment whatever comes here, but Dundas needs to be made the center of the attention. A street-facing park onto a highway like road is just uninviting and suburban, increases the divide between the street and the development, and will hurt street animation. Made even worse is that this street-facing park is practically extended for the length of two city blocks with their 'elevated park' idea.

Fourth - Wonderful that it looks like this will have a healthy level of office space. That will liven the area up during the middle of the day, and give customers to local food retail that will occupy these commercial spaces.

They could widen the sidewalks to take over half of a traffic lane

The sidewalks are currently empty. Even with this development I can't see the need.

wow... this seems like M-City to E-City! Pinnacle tries so hard to bring in "wow" factor to Etobicoke... this will sell well, especially the beautiful renderings of the phase 2-9 buildings... phase 1 is alright.

Back