Screenshot_20210701-170200_Instagram.jpg

I hope that line of trees is preserved or replanted if they sustain too much damage during construction. @Northern Light what would be the considerations in this case?

I hope that line of trees is preserved or replanted if they sustain too much damage during construction. @Northern Light what would be the considerations in this case?

The Arborist report for this development suggests removing all of that line of trees.

From said report:

1626114991675.png

1626115105770.png

1626115127725.png

The Arborist has 2 trees listed as Fair or Fair-Good which is to say, worth saving if the development allowed for it; and a few more as fair-poor which is to say, they might be left alone all other things being equal.

But this development comes very close to the south property line, those trees are only 0.8M inside the property line, as you can see, the bare minimum zones of protection would likely exceed the available room. )That's the column labelled Min. TPZ for Tree Protection Zone.)

Technically, the Courts will have to sign off on the removals, since the trees are on their property. I don't know, but I imagine they will have done so.
I don't think the trees would survive construction; and some are in bad health as it is.

Wow that is extremely close to those houses.

And the sidewalk is pathetic.

This is the third development along Jarvis that has had zero regard to pedestrian safety. I called the city about the other two and nothing came of it.

I moved out of the city a few months ago but someone who is still there should contact and complain. Someone is gonna get hurt cars go so fast here. And that's not including accessibility issues!

Back