• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
If you look at the original renders for the Printing Factory, you'll see the balconies have two different types of glass (not just colours) in them.

From running by the loft, it looks as thought the glass is both translucent (frosted) and clear. Which one you get in front of your unit is a bit of a pot luck.

Personally I think it looks awesome... it certainly adds some visual differentiation to the building, in contrast to the variety of buildings that are all single glass.

Supports in the arches in the front entrance. I couldn't tell if these were temporary or permanent for something else (will they add some kind of glass feature here?)
4160732573_19dabf5dca.jpg

I was there for my PDI today - they were installing a glass entrance door / facade under those supports.

I don't know what the apartments are like inside, but a building like this - a squashed Casa, with ceiling-to-floor windows, glass fronted balconies and a sense of the communal - fits into my east end neighbourhood quite well. It's more utilitarian than showy but it showcases those who live in it, which feels right for a part of town trading in a modest, working class semi-industrial past for something contemporary. A building literally emerging from that past.

Pictures taken this morning:

View from Carlaw to parking garage
4293227611_6993477d72.jpg

Entryway
4293974036_742fa78da5.jpg

4293977560_f1eaa767e0.jpg

Townhouses (all views from 5th floor, north facing unit, by the way)
4293258675_16667c4e54.jpg

Courtyard (the firm that designed the courtyard is also doing work with Aura)
4293249133_9eea368081.jpg

In time those planters should hold some good looking trees
4293982318_de850c7483.jpg

Sawtooth
4293986518_546bcd910f.jpg

Peeking over the balcony dividers
4294009376_da4e6159e1.jpg

View of downtown
4293253113_23e5b001be_b.jpg

Great pictures gl. This project looks fantastic. I particularly love how the alleyway has been transformed into the parking lot entrance. The whole thing has a Distillery vibe to it but actually seems more genuine and functional.

Feels like it's been a year since I last posted on here. I took these on my i-phone last Sunday. It's a 3 minute walk from my loft.

4371317755_563faea844_b.jpg

4371318179_77469ba017_b.jpg

4371387679_da6676f908_o.jpg

I forget the name of this loft building but I thought I'd toss it in as well.

4371328329_73519cd0ea_b.jpg

haha...some good pics there. I live up the street and always come by and stare at what's there. The work lofts projects looks like it's starting to gear up. Which is great, I wouldn't mind the added density.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people who have bought in this building, how has your experience been with Beaverbrook? I bought in their Etobicoke project opening weekend May 2008, and I have to say that the builder's communication with me has been abysmal. Thus far, I have only received 2 holiday cards from them, and nothing whatsoever about the status of the project. Even when calling the head office, I get nothing but the run around. I am hoping that other's have had a better experience with Beaverbrook, but at this point I am utterly disappointed with how they are handling my project.

I think it's "all hands on deck" at the printing factory for BB employees right now, as the 8th floor are doing their PDIs in a couple of weeks, and the townhouse PDIs start at the end of March/beginning of April. I expect more attention will be paid to other projects once the building registers. Check your PM.

For people who have bought in this building, how has your experience been with Beaverbrook? I bought in their Etobicoke project opening weekend May 2008, and I have to say that the builder's communication with me has been abysmal. Thus far, I have only received 2 holiday cards from them, and nothing whatsoever about the status of the project. Even when calling the head office, I get nothing but the run around. I am hoping that other's have had a better experience with Beaverbrook, but at this point I am utterly disappointed with how they are handling my project.

Evolution?

Seems like the norm with builders though...you rarely hear from them...lol

Yes, Evolution. Finally emailed the vice president directly and actually got a response from him. Apparently they realize that their communication sucks. I still don't expect things to change though.

Back