Very cool. Be fun to sit down and have a coffee in here when it's done, assuming there'll be a kiosk or something.

I love what this is doing to help the stretch of Richmond from Peter to Spadina. Just a few short years ago, it was a derelict highway through abandoned warehouses. Once the sidewalk went in, things improved a lot and one by one the buildings are turning towards Richmond once again. Spacing was a fantastic addition but the QRC will really open up the street and give it life.

Agree with the above. Revitalization of Richmond into more than just a clubbing district will be great for the downtown core.

Hoarding on Richmond St is down. Looks really good. The restoration to those big windows is amazing.

Oh yeah, that looks pretty fantastic. I love it when the hoarding comes down and you can really start to appreciate what the street level experience will be like. Appears they're redoing some of the sidewalks too, which will clean things up here.

Pretty cool that the Richmond doors are aimed at taking people right under the delta frame. They're not missing a trick here!

That shot makes me hope the folks at aA & Carlyle/Fortress balance out the intersection with a red brick warehouse-style podium of around 6 storeys with some pointed brick detailing. Then I'd stack the tower floorplates every 4 floors on angles reflecting the bend here at Richmond--4 on the angle on the east side of Peter then 4 on the west side of Peter. aA Toronto interpretation of Studio Toggle's Edges Apartments in Kuwait.

Aroma or Crema Coffee here?

I give this building top marks for the podium and restoration. They did a first rate job on the old building and the base of the new one is novel.

But.............I think the building is an eyesore, at least past the top 5 stories. It looks like a glass lego box pirched on top of a worthwhile building. It's not so much the design but the colour that makes it stick out like a sore thumb. That glass colour does not go well with the warmth of the original red brick. I think this building could have been really nice if they ditched the blue glass and replaced with a black {ie TD} glass and black trim. The dark red and black would look stunning and give the building character. They would also flow together better as opposed to this which looks like two separate building.......an attractive brick one and a sterile glass box.

Back