I think the cladding on the blank wall is the best of a bad situation. It looks attractive with its subtle variations. But at the end of the day it's still a blank wall that's the focal point of that side of the building. If there are elevators behind that wall, I would have preferred glass elevators behind clear glass to animate the facade.

I think the cladding on the blank wall is the best of a bad situation. It looks attractive with its subtle variations. But at the end of the day it's still a blank wall that's the focal point of that side of the building. If there are elevators behind that wall, I would have preferred glass elevators behind clear glass to animate the facade.

You've forgotten that Phase 2 will obscure much of that side of the building...

Want to know more—a lot more—about what went into creating the amazing delta frames that allowed for QRC West's unique design? This front page story tells all…

Just because things might not always be done well is not a reason not to do something, it's only a reason not to do something badly.

That said, there won't be any mural on that wall: there will be Phase 2.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i notice that the cladding over the glass tapers down to the left. Is that deliberate?

DSC00950.JPG
DSC00951.JPG
DSC00952.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00950.JPG
    DSC00950.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,388
  • DSC00951.JPG
    DSC00951.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,374
  • DSC00952.JPG
    DSC00952.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,406
Sorry if this has been discussed before but i notice that the cladding over the glass tapers down to the left. Is that deliberate?

yes I assume, it is hard to tell the photo above your statement, but the structure on the west side of the south entrance is a bit taller than the structure on the east side.

They did a really great job on the restoration but the glass blob on top is right out of Mississauga.

I work just around the corner from this building. Every day I pass it...I will try to find a job in there. I need to work here.

Back