Someone’s reading your comments here. They’ve added white. 🤪

IMG_4907.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

^I'm sorry, but there's no way we should be ok with a pile of crap being erected on prime waterfront real estate. There's no excuse for this kind of trash being built here, it brings nothing to the valuable to the table.

Having stuff like this built is a big reason why half of our waterfront is an embarrassment.
I’m no apologist for trashy cheap city developers, who are based in Toronto, that don’t care about the city’s aesthetics. And I’m ignoring things built more than 20 yrs ago-Dark ages 4 T.O’s parochial low cost boring structures.
But I wonder how many senior members look back & acknowledge what they got wrong OR right in early stages of a building.
Could very well surprise you.
This design is fine imo-So far. Not awful …yet. Reminds me of newer building blocks in South end in Boston.

I’m no apologist for trashy cheap city developers, who are based in Toronto, that don’t care about the city’s aesthetics. And I’m ignoring things built more than 20 yrs ago-Dark ages 4 T.O’s parochial low cost boring structures.
But I wonder how many senior members look back & acknowledge what they got wrong OR right in early stages of a building.
Could very well surprise you.
This design is fine imo-So far. Not awful …yet. Reminds me of newer building blocks in South end in Boston.
One of the most stunning reversals of opinion has to be Social. There were lots of admiration here when it was proposed and even when they started cladding the podium with those brick panels. Things quickly turned sour when the spandrels appeared and even more so when they used clear glass for the balconies, and now it's one of the most reviled projects on UT.

One of the most stunning reversals of opinion has to be Social. There were lots of admiration here when it was proposed and even when they started cladding the podium with those brick panels. Things quickly turned sour when the spandrels appeared and even more so when they used clear glass for the balconies, and now it's one of the most reviled projects on UT.
I get it. But claws come out quick on here.

88 Scott was widely popular when it was completed which I never got. It's an okay building. I always consider Grid Condo deplorable but, I was in the minority. I'm really curious how UT feels about Grid today as design since built has shifted from aA's stark simplicity to decorative themes.

88 Scott was widely popular when it was completed which I never got. It's an okay building. I always consider Grid Condo deplorable but, I was in the minority. I'm really curious how UT feels about Grid today as design since built has shifted from aA's stark simplicity to decorative themes.
Grid was / is IBI / Arcadis...

Back