they screwed up badly with the traffic lights at the Spadina loop. The lights are setup for the loop and the three driveways, however it instruct drivers with a green straight arrow on QQW - effectively forbidding anyone from entering the driveways for 390, 401 and 410. For 401 and 410 - that is the only way to access the parking lots. Whether the police enforce it or not is a different question.

The ROW is 100% built and pour, considering on Wed night they were only pouring the outside edge of the rails and the base to anchor the sleepers down for the first haft. TTC still had to splice the rails to the existing rails.

This beats next week completed date. Now if they can fast track some of the other work.

Nice to see the brackets for the overhead, considering TTC opposed this throughout the process including Cherry St while we wanted them in the first place. Used all over the world..

Nice to see the brackets for the overhead, considering TTC opposed this throughout the process including Cherry St while we wanted them in the first place. Used all over the world..
what was TTC's stated reason for not wanting them?

One of my neighbours asked me how cars will move from the existing road layout at the east and west ends of the QQ construction to the two-way road north of the streetcar tracks. I eventually found the info on WT website and if others are wondering...

How will the area east of Bay St. and west of YoYo Ma be transitioned?
Traffic will transition smoothly from the new roadway to the current condition both on the western and eastern ends of the street:
 West (Yo Yo Ma Lane) – cars traveling westbound will continue with no interruption; cars traveling eastbound will jog north over the streetcar tracks at a signalized intersection to join traffic on the new roadway.
 East (Bay St.) – cars traveling westbound will continue straight though the traffic signal jogging slightly south to the existing four-lane roadway; cars traveling eastbound will continue straight through the intersection onto the new roadway.

From: http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/uploads/documents/qq___faq_oct_2013_external_1.pdf

That's a pretty poor description on their part, and at Bay Street it strikes me as wrong.

I was down at Bay and Queens Quay on the weekend checking out how it works, and I can tell you that immediately east of the tunnel portal, the new curb begins angling toward the south so that eastbound traffic will be shifted to aim at the slightly more southerly existing eastbound lanes on the opposite side of Bay. I did not check out what was going on at the west end of the construction.

Bay Street intersection work:

IMG_2400.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,218
Great photos. I've noticed that it seems to take a lot of time to lay the bricks for the maple leafs. I watch them for 14 stories up at 10 Bay. Looks a little tricky to get it all right.

Starting Monday we're being told to enter the parking garage from Harbour Street not Queens Quay anymore.

Really annoying to see that a new development like Waterpark Place III did not opt to have the red brick continued up to the building. Absolutely no excuse not to go for it, considering it is a brand new development. The least they could have done would've been to integrate some red brick strips leading from Queens Quay to the building edge to make the change look less sharp than it does now.

Tuscani:

Yeah, though they could have transition it gradually from the red to the grey granite unit paving used by West 8. That would have looked great and maintained the design vocabulary of both the QQ redo and the project.

AoD

Downtown used to start at Front Street. By the time all the development in this area is finished, you could make the case that downtown starts at Queen's Quay. I never thought that would happen.

Back