Now imagine grass instead of concrete between the tracks. But, we can't do that like they do in Europe, because they need a "path" for emergency vehicles.

Would you also complain when the grass turns brown in the summer and fall?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The granite blocks that the TTC used to install around tracks up to the 1970s would look good. There was a small strip of granite blocks near Spadina before the reconstruction.

Just saw a streetcar being tested going westbound at York. Not sure how far west it went because i didn't see it come back for the 10 minutes I was sitting outside. But at least they're working!

The granite blocks that the TTC used to install around tracks up to the 1970s would look good. There was a small strip of granite blocks near Spadina before the reconstruction.

Even stamping the concrete would have been a decent alternative.

That's too simple and smart of an idea :)

Fine, I one up that idea. Lets do this:

Metro-Rail.jpg

http://www.houstongreeters.org/?page_id=192

Attachments

• Metro-Rail.jpg
    Metro-Rail.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 708
Just saw a streetcar being tested going westbound at York. Not sure how far west it went because i didn't see it come back for the 10 minutes I was sitting outside. But at least they're working!
Well if it was going west at York it must have already gone east and around Union loop so that's encouraging. Now we just need to see one between Lower Spadina and Bathurst...

Guess where the water condensation from the streetcar's air conditioning goes?

You honestly think that a streetcar every 6 minutes in the summer is going to be enough to keep that much grass adequately watered? You don't have much of a green thumb, do you?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

You honestly think that a streetcar every 6 minutes in the summer is going to be enough to keep that much grass adequately watered? You don't have much of a green thumb, do you?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There is a slow growing, drought tolerant grass available. See link.

And its back.

Toronto, October 8, 2014 – The 509 Harbourfront streetcar will resume service from Union Station along Queens Quay to Exhibition Station this Thanksgiving weekend. The resumption of service on Sunday, October 12, will officially mark the completion of TTC-related construction activities on Queens Quay.

The newly rebuilt, separated streetcar corridor and tracks – which were at the end of their lifespan when construction began – include new underground chambers for the streetcar’s electrical needs as well as new cantilevered poles for overhead wiring. The platforms have been widened to meet new accessibility requirements and include new passenger amenities such as ticket vending machines. The Spadina turning loop was also rebuilt and opened on August 31 allowing the 510 Spadina streetcar to return to Queens Quay.

The construction of TTC infrastructure is only one part of the massive Queens Quay revitalization project which is on schedule for summer 2015. From Lower Spadina Avenue to Bay Street, the project is completely rebuilding Toronto’s main waterfront street both above and below ground.

Please see attached for the full release.

Back