next spring for two way traffic ? Thats ridiculous, I dont see how it's going to take almost 6 month to finish the roadway.

next spring for two way traffic ? Thats ridiculous, I dont see how it's going to take almost 6 month to finish the roadway.
I think they want to finish everything off before opening the 2-way traffic up again and to give the construction guys more space and safety to work . Frankly, having QQ one way seems to work fairly well and a few more months is not the end of the world.

well I just saw one of the new street cars going westbound on QQ. I didnt catch the number of it though, so it seems they didnt need for it to be dry afterall.

UT has a Waterfront Toronto pic of 4400 on test along QQ. Unless ramp testing was involved, I would have thought 4401/2 could have been used in order to allow 4400/02 to stay in service on Spadina.

well I just saw one of the new street cars going westbound on QQ. I didnt catch the number of it though, so it seems they didnt need for it to be dry after all.
The dryness requirement was for testing the lubrication at the loop(s). No doubt they also need to test how the new cars work on the other parts of the line and esp. Union loop.

UT has a Waterfront Toronto pic of 4400 on test along QQ. Unless ramp testing was involved, I would have thought 4401/2 could have been used in order to allow 4400/02 to stay in service on Spadina.

That photo is taken southbound on Spadina at Queens Quay. Considering how empty it is in the photo, I would wager dollars to donuts that it was taken prior to the re-opening of Queens Quay Loop on Aug 31st.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

That photo is taken southbound on Spadina at Queens Quay. Considering how empty it is in the photo, I would wager dollars to donuts that it was taken prior to the re-opening of Queens Quay Loop on Aug 31st.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks Dan, am not familiar enough with the area to have noticed that. (and that should have been "4400/03", of course)

I took the bus, hopefully for the last time, last night. I am so looking forward to having the streetcars back and not being jounced and tossed in every direction.

I had to call 311 tonite after discovering the traffic lights at the fire station / 350 qqw parking lot gave a green at the same time the streetcars had a green. That could of caused quite the carnage tomorrow morning. I hope no other lights along queens quay have this mistake...

But does the firehall have a different light. You would expect the lights out of 350 Queens Quay to be turn lights.

they configure it in such a way that the cross traffic gets the same set of lights. Its not just fire trucks that come out of the station, a lot of the firemen also park there car there. I still don't really get why we need lights though.

IMG_4757.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4757.jpg
    IMG_4757.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 768

Back