Harbourfront is getting quite busy in the winter these days. And not just with people using the skating rink. That's why it makes my blood boil when Ford and other conservatives scoff at waterfront investments by saying that no one will use them for half the year. It's not only small minded; it's completely false.

To be fair, he is a crackhead.

The development of the waterfront is a big deal, and he hasn't been able to stop it yet. I think it will continue to develop regardless of Rob Ford.

509 Harbourfront streetcar service is scheduled to return on Sunday, October 12, 2014. That's Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully, they'll be more of the new Outlook streetcars by then.

I was just down there today. Please tell me that there will be no more hydro wires and that everything will be buried!!!!

I was just down there today. Please tell me that there will be no more hydro wires and that everything will be buried!!!!
Yes, no more overhead Hydro wires (or traffic light wires) but there will be TTC streetcar ones. Look at the WT webcam site to get an idea.

And you know this how, exactly?
No cars on the delivery list at this time, time to be ship here, time to inspect them and testing them for 600km without failure. This to be done in 28 days is not going to happen.

And you know this how, exactly?
Because one can obtain the tracking information from CP on the only rail car that is being used to get the new cars to Toronto. Presumably it's still sitting in a siding in Thunder Bay. Even if Drum is wrong (and surely after all these years we know not to bet against him), then at most they have only one more new car in service around Thanksgiving.

Because one can obtain the tracking information from CP on the only rail car that is being used to get the new cars to Toronto. Presumably it's still sitting in a siding in Thunder Bay. Even if Drum is wrong (and surely after all these years we know not to bet against him), then at most they have only one more new car in service around Thanksgiving.

And you know this how, exactly? (couldn't resist....sorry)

Thank you for an answer that has a good explanation and is therefore believable.

I don't know who drum is, what he does, and how he gets his information, and consequently, I will question the words he types because he types them as if they are the Word of God.

Back to the topic - each day that goes by and I see/use the crappy old CLRV's is one more day that I yearn for more Flexities.

Back