Could you please provide a source?

Thanks

My source is someone who was at the final site trades meeting on the 27th of January.

As for the guy who said Freed could do better with the "nabe" - these guys aren't abandoning the hotel. Just putting it on hold for a long time. Some day though they will be resuming.

Besides, Peter Freed has enough on his plate at the moment ...

Should there not be an official announcement?

For what it's worth, I live nearby and we got a notice last week that construction was being suspended and that the builder was committed to finishing the project. No more details, though.

March 14

Construction is reaching ground level on the north side.
3355306918_a7d08fe712_b.jpg

From Front looking north.
3355306922_74afbb0cc1_b.jpg

Buttcom, the contract has clean house.

Final clean up should be Thursday.

All construction trailers are gone.

Buttcom has signs posted say Front St will be close April 18. This means the 2 tower cranes are coming down.

Another one bit the dust.

IMG_april-15-09-0208.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0209.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0217.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0221.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0224.jpg

Last edited:
Thats to bad. pretty small project to be going on hold, just shows you that anything is possible with all these new building developments going on around town. :eek:

Last edited:
too bad they got the year wrong, it's 2009 now... what do you expect though from a company named Buttcom!

too bad they got the year wrong, it's 2009 now... what do you expect though from a company named Buttcom!

It's the same sign that was used when the cranes went up.

It's not bad of a company to work for as a sub trade.

The Front St crane is gone as of 6:30 today.

The 2nd one still there to the north. Maybe someone forgot there was a Blue Jay game today and only had time to take one down.

So this project officially joins MARS as the next development in Toronto that has been abandoned by the builder at ground level due to the credit crunch. :eek:

Photos of south crane removal

This is my first attempt linking photos from Photobucket so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

So this project officially joins MARS as the next development in Toronto that has been abandoned by the builder at ground level due to the credit crunch. :eek:

They are -2 floors from ground zero while MARS was near +1

Project has been sold

This project will no longer be a hotel as initially planned.

The development has been sold to Tridel, for future construction of a condominium tower.

This project will no longer be a hotel as initially planned.

The development has been sold to Tridel, for future construction of a condominium tower.

very interesting info....it seems that the big guys are taking advantage of the temporary slowdown to increase their market share - buying out the little guys who run into trouble...

//just my speculation...

Back