Pic taken Aug 3, 2013

T2DpCr2.jpg

They have top off this building and looks like it was a week ago from the shot I took then as well today.

The photos above shows how it is top off.

This photo could go in a number of threads (note Ice on the far left), but I'll drop it here.

From today:

9491753126_4429a4de01_c.jpg

This is what 300 Front seemed to promise and markedly did not deliver. A suprisingly good looking, coherent, clean-lined building.

So, I am looking at these gorgeous photos (many thanks to the photographers) and thinking to myself, "That is a good looking building. I wonder if it might look even better if it were five storeys higher," i.e. 47 storeys tall. Then I recall that a 47 storey tower is going up nearby, almost around the corner, also on a constrained site. That raises for me the question of the size of the floor plates of the tower portions of the two buildings. They look superficially similar. Does anybody know the answer?

Edit: at a second look, the two appear to have similar street width but Theatre Park less depth, making it even slimmer in appearance. But I would still like to hear if anybody knows more exactly than that.

Last edited:
RCMI has a ground floor area of 530 sq m, while Theatre Park has a ground floor area of 413.8 sq m. I believe the upper floors on both are virtually the same as a the ground floor.

RCMI's frontage is 16.4 m, while Theatre Park's is 18.27 m.

I'm loving that random patterning effect on the north wall! so many projects have promised a similar design in their renders yet failed to deliver in reality. what a great contrast to the many other standard designs nearby.

Couldn't agree more. If this were a Tridel project, that north wall (the concrete portion) would have been covered in grey cladding and nothing more.

I'm loving that random patterning effect on the north wall! so many projects have promised a similar design in their renders yet failed to deliver in reality. what a great contrast to the many other standard designs nearby.

Back