That's just about the most idiotic application of Godwin's Law I have ever seen on UrbanToronto.

^Cool shot!

15337903445_911f4be982_b.jpg

Attachments

• 15337903445_911f4be982_b.jpg
    15337903445_911f4be982_b.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,086
Last edited:
I was by here last week, it's a nice surprise and rather refreshing for the area. I like the tower and the defiled RCMI portion looks better now than what was there before.

I just wish they would not have put those windows above the RCMI facade. A windowless textured wall would've been much more appropriate, as the overhang above would've made it look like the tower is floating above the preserved facade.

It did turn out better than I expected.
However, I agree with the windows. I would have not put windows around the old part to showcase it better.

I like the building. I brings some life to University Ave.
And I am very glad more residential towers will be erected on the otherwise abandoned car dominated University Ave. Next phase is to bring some restaurants (actual ones not Subways). The sidewalk is wide enough to accommodate some seating outside, no?

I like the building. I brings some life to University Ave.
And I am very glad more residential towers will be erected on the otherwise abandoned car dominated University Ave. Next phase is to bring some restaurants (actual ones not Subways). The sidewalk is wide enough to accommodate some seating outside, no?

I think University Avenue is one of the nicest streets in downtown because of all the landscaping. However, the presence of the US embassy and all the hospitals along with the imminent relocation of Public Health Ontario Laboratories may not be conducive to what you are hoping/suggesting. By the way, there's a nice cafe at 480 University.

Back