Better quality restaurant options in the area would be nice - I work right across the street and am constantly frustrated by the lack of good food to be found.

I think University Avenue is one of the nicest streets in downtown because of all the landscaping. However, the presence of the US embassy and all the hospitals along with the imminent relocation of Public Health Ontario Laboratories may not be conducive to what you are hoping/suggesting. By the way, there's a nice cafe at 480 University.

Agree, there are definitely challenges but still a lot of improvement can be made.

The US embassy is butt ugly and I hope it can relocate to somewhere else - maybe somewhere near St George station closer to the Chinese embassy. or better, near Moss Park since it looks like Moss Park Armory's twin brother.

The section between Queen and Elm before the hospitals could be made more lively. Right now we have quite a few nice buildings but all completely close off and nothing is inviting. That's why people simply walk pass by the hardly linger because there is nothing to stop for. Even the Operate house doesn't have a good quality restaurant nearby. I wonder where all those people working nearby eat - foodcourt in the dark basement?

The US embassy is butt ugly and I hope it can relocate to somewhere else - maybe somewhere near St George station closer to the Chinese embassy. or better, near Moss Park since it looks like Moss Park Armory's twin brother.

Maybe a re-development, but i doubt the American Embassy is going anywhere in the near future

Pedantic point, it's a consulate, not the Embassy, which is in Ottawa, but I agree, they aren't going anywhere. I don't really mind it's stripped down 50s modernism meets classical blandness.

There'll be a top-drawer restaurant going into the 50-foot tall atrium at 480 University as part of the rebuild of that complex, while down by the Operate house there's Estiatorio Volos kitty-corner from it which serves some of this city's best Greek food.

The section between Queen and Elm before the hospitals could be made more lively. Right now we have quite a few nice buildings but all completely close off and nothing is inviting. That's why people simply walk pass by the hardly linger because there is nothing to stop for. Even the Operate house doesn't have a good quality restaurant nearby. I wonder where all those people working nearby eat - foodcourt in the dark basement?

Be thankful that it’s not as ugly as the one in Ottawa :)!

I think people in that area patronize the restaurants in Baldwin Village as well as the ones on Dundas between University and Bay.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 1,145
yes... best tower in the city.. has style, character and and combo. of colors. wish they move get rid of US embassy move it to Ottawa.

.. Its the US consulate, they have the embassy in Ottawa already haha. Its in Toronto so that people don't need to go to Ottawa to deal with US government needs. It could move elsewhere in the city, but it can't just move to Ottawa.

Back