Skyline with the Ritz:

4529394168_9ee023f8a1_b.jpg

^I've got a much better view than you! :p RC looks great from my view in High Park, dare I say NYC-ish? Especially today, and going into the evening. Very dramatic.

But from your view, those ROCP towers become even more tragic--if they looked like Murano, they'd be fantastic. (Perhaps a recladding in 2040s?)

Slowly, oh so slowly, Toronto's becoming more attractive. The stars in the above shot: the (KPMB-designed?) housing co-op in the lower-right corner, Murano, Ritz, Bay-Adelaide, Princess Margaret Hospital expansion. The duds: the 60s-80s slabs, especially along Carlton, RoCP, Opera Place/Aria, Pantages, the new student rental building on Gerrard, Bond Street Hotel. On the fence: Met/Encore, 22 Wellesley, RBC Centre. Thanks for the pic.

Thanks for the amazing updates wyliepoon and Mike in TO!

It looks like the North Side of the Ritz is all done! All we need is a fancy Ritz logo now to go alongside RBC's!

And in Mike in TO's shot, I think Aura will throw this whole view off balance! (in a good and bad way).. it'll be hard getting used to such a huge tower outside the CBD and it might even look as tall as the CN tower!!! (even though its not of course)

And to think of how this very new view will be so drastically altered in only a few short years...oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts, I suppose, like so many other unique - ableit temporary - vistas in the city right now.

And to think of how this very new view will be so drastically altered in only a few short years...oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts, I suppose, like so many other unique - ableit temporary - vistas in the city right now.

whats wrong with shangri-la! :D!.. nonetheless... this is density we're building here! We should be enjoying how transparent and spacious our skyline is compared to cities like new york! In toronto, you can see a skyscraper on the other side of town clearly from many angles! And the Ritz you can even see from the 401!!! There aren't too many tall skyscrapers north of the entertainment district leaving for awesome views! :D

I'm hoping Shangri-la will look as awesome as the Ritz!

The roof is still wayyyy too transparent :D

Judging from the shadows it has to be around 4 PM, I am somewhere in the pictures as I was taking a walk there. The crane on top of RC was shinning like made of gold. Wish I had my camera with me.

some Ritz Carlton pics posted by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100417a147.jpg

20100417a138.jpg

20100417a128.jpg

from those views, the ritz looks fantastic. it looks like a digitally fabricated artist's interpretation! the view from the south however is rather unfortunate. that aside, i am eagerly awaiting the day in which i may see shangri-la, 300 front and aura from those same views.

Thanks for all the updates guys! The Ritz looks really huge next to the condo towers down by the lake! I think this skyscraper gets its full potential when viewed from a distance to acknowledge how tall it is!

Back