Wow. How'd you get those guys to take their time to take you up there?

Fantastic tour! I can hardly wait for the round of "View" photos you have been holding back.

Just a guess about the "Gap". I think we will still be treated to an outer covering that reaches from the top of the penthouse's east and west balconies to the top of the sloping roof. Certainly it will be recessed from the sides of the tower and it may only be a facade with the window washing gear behind, but I don't think it will remain open ala Telus building. All the renders I have seen show a wall there with the Ritz-Carlton logo lit up at night.

I know renders are often wrong, but on this matter I sure hope they are not.

Thanks guys.
Wow. How'd you get those guys to take their time to take you up there?

With the redesign we are not just a forum anymore but a genuine media outlet as well. We are going to be doing a lot more of this as the developers and their pr companies want us to cover their projects. Stay tuned.

Unreal update guys. Thanks so much for sharing that. The site just went plaid with that impressive jump to ludicrous speed. Keep up the great work!

...Just a guess about the "Gap". I think we will still be treated to an outer covering that reaches from the top of the penthouse's east and west balconies to the top of the sloping roof. Certainly it will be recessed from the sides of the tower and it may only be a facade with the window washing gear behind, but I don't think it will remain open ala Telus building. All the renders I have seen show a wall there with the Ritz-Carlton logo lit up at night.

Excuse the quick render... But something like this...

4541672133_6f4e76b3c3_o.jpg

(Original courtesy interchange42)

Last edited:
Insanely purely EPIC update Urban Toronto!!! Its insane that you got to get up there Ed!!! This building is just pure awesome! ANd once you get up there you can really appreciate how massive this building is! (height, ceiling height, mechanical roof, etc...)!

It must have been amazing up there! Its so high up and the winds are probably insane! Such a HUGE roof to be standing at the base at!

Oh i wish they'd made a restaurant/observation deck up there! I'd rather be here than in the CN tower!

Urban Toronto is just AWESOME!!! :D:D:D

The amount of adjectives steveve just used is purely epic, amazing, massive, insane, huge and AWESOME!

UT could use more of your enthusiasm steveve :D

To start UrbanToronto's visit to the new Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences, we will begin our photo essay on the roof.

First, that gap? Unlike at RBC, this gap is staying a gap. You can see from the photo below that the back of the tall, north glass facade is now being clad.

Awesome Update!

So will the tall north wall (with windows facing north) - end up being a lighted beacon like the top of the RBC tower?

Oh, what an idea!! Never thought of that one but that would be spectacular!

Also, if anybody happens to be staying or visiting the hotel, the terrace will provide incredible views of the L Tower and the Union Station reno.

That update was ONFYR!

had to get in on the fun.... get to see what interchange, and Ed look like..
think i've seen ed's pics before though.. those are amazing pics though giving us a good idea of the scale of the project...

All the talk in this thread over the last several months about such a "Missed opportunity for a top of the tower restaurant" always made me chuckle. I thought the idea of a bar or restaurant up there with the CN Tower so close would just make bad business sense... Until I saw this picture below and my inner interior decorator started thinking.

Picture the entrance to this skybar/lounge where those men are standing. Behind them along that wall a large rosewood bar with gleaming crystal and bottles behind. Then where the concrete pillars are down the middle of the room, two steps to the raised area near the windows which is a series of deep red plush velvet booths.

In the lower area near the bar, high-back stools surrounding curved tables with matching low-back stools at the bar. The whole area surrounded by the high-gloss golden colour of polished brass. Overhead, dimmed Swarovski Crystal chandeliers bask the room in an evening glow. Each booth lit with a small "personal" Swarovski Crystal lamp.

Pop the cork on the Veuve Clicquot and you are ready to celebrate that huge international business deal you just signed.

4539488679_318343419c_b.jpg

The amount of adjectives steveve just used is purely epic, amazing, massive, insane, huge and AWESOME!

UT could use more of your enthusiasm steveve :D

haha! As you can probably tell., my vocabulary is quite limited! :D I don't think there's a more powerful word then EPIC!... magnificent just doesn't cut it anymore :p

Traynor, you're right about our "restaurant/skylounge/observation area" vision! That photo really emphasizes the potential! Especially with the huge panels of glass and high ceilings, it would be something extraordinary! It would be like Canoe but on steroids!
One thing i find really cool about the roof is all the steel they're using like grids! It reminds me of some high-tech skyscrapers in Horng Kong like in this shot!

4540124062_af172389b1_b.jpg

This building has some pretty amazing views! , In fact, there's no structure taller than this building north of it! (by that i mean directly in front of it) So all the way up to the north pole, the Ritz is essentially the tallest structure if you go directly north in longitude!!!!! Its crazy thinking about it... Those are definitely million dollar views!

Wow, that brought a tear to my eye - best update ever on UT, 42. Probably a milestone for this forum.

It must have been amazing up there! Its so high up and the winds are probably insane!

To tell the truth, there was no wind at all. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Rien.

Wow, that brought a tear to my eye - best update ever on UT, 42. Probably a milestone for this forum.

Glad you guys liked it!

Back