Some pics of the Ritz taken on Friday:

ritz42051.jpg

ritz42091.jpg

ritz42101.jpg

will the consruction start to get slower when they get to the curve??, as it would be hader to build on a angle? nice shots grey.

The podium is so striking. It has such street presence in person, much more so than RBC IMO. Thanks for the pics.

will the consruction start to get slower when they get to the curve??, as it would be hader to build on a angle? nice shots grey.

I assume it will slightly, as the forms will have to be adjusted in size for each successive floor. Floor to floor though the difference isn't too big however, so I don't think that any slow down would be too noticeable.

Sp!re and I noticed yesterday that the forms on the south side stick out twice as much as the forms on the rest of the tower. It looks like the slant has begun!

The slant doesn't start for about 5 floors above the sky lobby.

OH RLY?! :eek:

Seriously, khristopher. Go check it out for yourself, that's always a good idea before correcting someone on this forum.

Tuscani01 and I investigated it for awhile and it does seem that slowly but surely the extended forms (for the slant) are happening.

Here is the stacking plan. Counting the floors in the picture posted above by DaninToronto, it looks like they are now just in the area above the skylobby and the slant should be commencing.
img_01.jpg
img_02.jpg

img_03.jpg
img_04.jpg

Tuscani01 and I investigated it for awhile and it does seem that slowly but surely the extended forms (for the slant) are happening.

That's my impression also from what I saw yesterday

As you can see, they are at the 4th floor above the setback from the hotel portion of the building. The slant starts above the 5th floor above that setback, if you look at the renders.

Last edited:

Back