the Hilton Surfers Paradise project is hardly hideous ... it is as good as (if not better) than many TO projects

I'm not adverse against in the Ritz-Carlton in anyway (just don't like the horizontal bandings on the south side) ... but comparing the Hilton with this project, I'll have to side with "Surfers Paradise" (btw its a cheesy name)

thanks digitalis ... your photo definitely shows the first 'visible' signs of Ritz-Carlton's tilting south wall

I'm surprised no-one has posted the interior design shots..

rits1.jpg

ritz2.jpg

Well I've never seen those before. So thanks for posting :)

It's amazing what a classical interior space can be created inside a very modernist, simple glass building. It's a cool concept.

It's all a matter of taste, but that one you just showed is hideous. Ritz is going to be amazing when it's complete.

The design of Ritz-Carlton is going to be a nice addition to our skyline, regarding that pic of the Hilton Paradise Hotel, i think Nebakenezer is trying to express that Toronto sooner or later may have to start designing buildings other than the same boring look-a-like blue/green glass boxes.

The design of Ritz-Carlton is going to be a nice addition to our skyline, regarding that pic of the Hilton Paradise Hotel, i think Nebakenezer is trying to express that Toronto sooner or later may have to start designing buildings other than the same boring look-a-like blue/green glass boxes.

I think Toronto has started to develop buildings that are not boxes. L is an example. Absolute World is another, and of course this one.

Still a box in my opinion.

Anyone see the Ritz building in kowloon better known as ICC. Looks sweet, and soon to be the tallest hotel in the world.

still an ugly building so far. when the lights come on, maaaybe it'll look nice.

BUt after seeing all those pretty buildings around the world, why can't we make something as nice as the australians, brits, chinese, arabs, americans, etc etc.

Neb, this building has been designed by Americans for an American brand, so your argument is not entirely watertight. Anyway, aren't you jumping to conclusions a little early? We have some interestingly angled walls to come...

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

Taken saturday
Click to enlarge

Attachments

• DSC01087.jpg
    DSC01087.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC01089.jpg
    DSC01089.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 278
June 22nd

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

East side -

South side -

North side -

Back