We should have a forum meet at that Elephant & Castle.

Lame patio, beer is overpriced and the golden tee machine is often broken. Down the street is better on all fronts.

Also, the slant on Ritz is very much visible now but the cladding of the upper floors seems to have stalled. From my office window, I can see the tower has (more or less) reached the height of Simcoe Place. Looking forward to seeing this top off.

Aug 24

IMG_aug_24-09-0154.jpg

IMG_aug_24-09-0155.jpg

IMG_aug_24-09-0156.jpg

IMG_aug_24-09-0165.jpg

IMG_aug_24-09-0172.jpg

IMG_aug_24-09-0213.jpg

Not to be contrary just for the sake of it, but the slant is looking far less pronounced than I was expecting. While I suppose the full effect is several floors off from being achieved, I remain surprised at how subtle an effect the slant is so far. Viewed from some southerly locations it's difficult to even see.

When the point in the south facade is created the slant will have its full effect.

Not to be contrary just for the sake of it, but the slant is looking far less pronounced than I was expecting. While I suppose the full effect is several floors off from being achieved, I remain surprised at how subtle an effect the slant is so far. Viewed from some southerly locations it's difficult to even see.

There's still another 15 or 20 levels to go so I think the slant will be much more pronounced as they approach the top of the building.

Drum, you've outdone yourself yet again with those photos above!

Not to be contrary just for the sake of it, but the slant is looking far less pronounced than I was expecting.

I agree, the slant is something you have to look for. Some people who look at the structure have to have it pointed out. It's just not that obvious (yet).

Not necessarily - the gradual angling-out of Spire's balconies isn't obvious to many people, for instance. While the Ritz hasn't exactly gone for subtlety, the slant may be missed by some.

I caught the end of a news story and supposibly the wind caused something ( probably the crane) to smash 2 windows. Kinda like bay adelaide

yes, I saw that on CBC news last night... the crane was lifting a load on the south side and the wind caught it and broke several windows. they showed video of the glass being cleaned up in the Simcoe Place parkette. I guess its no wonder cbc had the inside track on this story as it was right outside their doors. I cant find any article referencing it on their website though... not significant enough I guess.

Back