I took a better look at this building today... It really turned out well and fits in so nicely with its neighbours on all sides.

Thanks... and I think this may be one rare example where unpainted balconies look appropriate.

I appreciate it any time a building is built up to the street and contributes to the streetwall. Well done.

It fits like a glove. The folks at Cityplace should come take a look.

unfortunately the unit that i was interested in, had a south view facing a warehouse of some sort. barely any sunlight would enter the unit from the only source (balcony/living room window) ... and the finishings were already chosen ... so i chose to pass on it.

I signed for one of these south facing ones last year in August - finishings were even chosen back then, all I really had a pick of was the flooring and upgraded to laminate throughout (covers the bedroom) so no carpet (yay!).

I declined parking since I'll be selling my car and going around by TTC/bike, but it was in the area of $32k+ last year and there were very few spots available since it shares the garage with MOZO.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the amount of natural light that's going to be coming in to the unit - it's facing directly towards a commercial building across the alley (not a warehouse - there's a Web development business there and other small companies so will only be there 9-5 presumably). I'm guessing the balcony will get a bit of light but from my (many, many) visits to check out the building I've never seen direct light hit anywhere on the lower to mid south facing units.

I knew that going in though - was a compromise I made for the amazing price I got for the place and low maintenance fees. The area is fantastic as many others have said here already - Petit Dejeuner is one of my favourite breakfast spots in the city (try the waffles!) and of course it's going to be pretty trivial to furnish the place being in the midst of all those great stores.

FYI I'll be moving from Pickering for the first time so I'm super excited - I already work downtown and most of my friends are there so it'll be a great thing for me :)

well congrats on the upcoming move - smart decision to relocate downtown sans vehicle! great area and amazing building!

I had lost track of this. It has really turned out to be a solid development.

I love this kind of infill. It somehow manages to feel heritage and modern at the same time...just like Toronto. Nice scale and streetwall too. Perfection.

The exterior colours (brick, windows, frames, etc.) are paired up perfectly and really bring out the building. Great design!

Another one of those rare instances when the final product ends up looking better then the marketing rendering.

Back