Yeah, it does appear to be the newest version of RAC3. Also appears to be 28 storeys based on this drawing...*sigh* if only it was twice the height...

How many storeys were they planning for in some of the original proposals for RAC3?

I thought at one point it was 40+ ... but I think the floor plates may have been smaller because I don't recall it being much larger then 600-800,000 square feet i.e. similar to the curent development.

Sorry about that everyone ... yea this is RAC 3 ... should have added this to that thread. If you can combine that would be great, thanks !

This is in Toronto?

OXFORD IS THE DEVELOPER?!

Wow.. I'm speechless. Architect is KPF, I remember reading about this development in one of their newsletters, unfortunately it isn't as tall as I thought it would be.

This is in Toronto?

OXFORD IS THE DEVELOPER?!

Wow.. I'm speechless. Architect is KPF, I remember reading about this development in one of their newsletters, unfortunately it isn't as tall as I thought it would be.

Wish it was taller.

There's a fair number of active office proposals at the moment:

RA III - Oxford - 615,000 Sq
Waterpark Place 3 - Oxford - 800,000 Sq
ICE Office - Cad/Fair - 800,000 Sq
Queen-Richmond Centre - Allied - 276,705 Sq
Southcore II - 700,000 Sq

Only Brookfield seems to not have an actively leasing tower in the marketplace, unless you count BA II...

Wish it was taller.

There's a fair number of active office proposals at the moment:

RA III - Oxford - 615,000 Sq
Waterpark Place 3 - Oxford - 800,000 Sq
ICE Office - Cad/Fair - 800,000 Sq
Queen-Richmond Centre - Allied - 276,705 Sq
Southcore II - 700,000 Sq

Only Brookfield seems to not have an actively leasing tower in the marketplace, unless you count BA II...

Actually BA II is being actively leased now.
I don't think the ICE office building is being actively leased though ...

That's a lot so we can make some guesses.
The Queen-Richmond Centre is standalone ... by that I mean someone looking for space there wouldn't really be considering the CBD (which the south core area is part of now in my opinion) so this will go ahead.

Out of the other ones, we're all fairly confident Waterpark Place 3 has found a main tenant. Also Southcore II is under construction, we don't know how much has been leased.

So there's likely a lot of space in Waterpark Place 3 and Southcore II. So I think it's highly unlikely we'll see action on any of the other projects in the short term.

Kudos to Oxford on their Big Blocks strategy. It seems like a brilliant strategy – great way for them to differentiate themselves and capture both tenant and broker attention.

Other landlords should pay attention …..

Also appears to be 28 storeys based on this drawing...*sigh* if only it was twice the height...

Looks like the roof slope could potentially add an equivalent of 4 extra floors in height..im thinking this will be somewhere between 140-160 meters in height.:):cool:

Given that the design challenge was to incorporate an existing office building in a new development, and given that a successful visual template for doing so already exists in the building to the west which "steps up" in three boxy sections, why didn't they follow it?

The glass in these renders is usually white. The reality is almost always blue or green. Why is that? With what is happening with FCP you would think we would see another white building. Even Apple figured out how to make a white iPhone.

Back