The back is pretty shitty for the thousands of people who will be walking beside it going to/from the SkyWalk.

Agreed. The city missed a perfect opportunity to expand the covered skywalk right up to the CN Tower with this project. I wish the city would consider extending Skywalk along the entire rail corridor, right out to Bathurst Street. It would be quite simple to cantilever it over the railway and would only cover a single track at most.

If and when the Oxford Place/Convention Centre remake goes ahead, that whole area of the walkway will likely change dramatically. I wonder in fact if the change in plans for the Aquarium had anything to do with Oxford advising Canada Lands of their intentions. One can imagine the Aquarium being expanded a bit and integrated into the new whole at the time.

So many awesome updates Mafalda, and on the coldest day since last winter! Thanks for covering so much ground on such an unpleasant day!

But Toronto is the condo city. These sorts of buildings are everywhere now. Time to stop referencing Vancouver.

Yeah but Vancouver was the generic condo city first. Toronto was the city with all kinds of different shaped, colored and textured buildings. A view from the Island use to be a black TD center a gold RBC skyscraper a red Scotia Bank tower and an old hotel called the Royal York. Now it's just a wall of generic identical greenish glass. It's a real shame.

Yeah but Vancouver was the generic condo city first. Toronto was the city with all kinds of different shaped, colored and textured buildings. A view from the Island use to be a black TD center a gold RBC skyscraper a red Scotia Bank tower and an old hotel called the Royal York. Now it's just a wall of generic identical greenish glass. It's a real shame.

It's true; the view from the lake is terrible now.

Mistakes have been made in Harbourfront, to be sure, but I think the skyline view is very dramatic - especially coming into the city on the ferry. The beautiful refined edge of the waterfront only enhances the drama. I didn't make it to the island this year, I can't wait until next summer with all these changes.

It's true; the view from the lake is terrible now.

Terrible?

Ridiculous hyperbole, and at the same time simplistic to an absurd degree. Sure the view has changed considerably over the last decade, but another person could argue that it's better than ever. In regards to being simplistic, there's far more than one view from the lake.

Terrible?

Ridiculous hyperbole, and at the same time simplistic to an absurd degree. Sure the view has changed considerably over the last decade, but another person could argue that it's better than ever. In regards to being simplistic, there's far more than one view from the lake.

From the east, the view is still pretty nice, but from the middle of the harbour it is pretty ugly, in my opinion.

Back