Sorry this is a little off topic but could they apply the facade on the aquarium (which looks great) to the dreadful and tired looking concrete on the rogers centre? I think it would greatly modernize its look.

I was there today. Disappointed the pavement where the new concrete benches are all cut up. The rest of the area are brand new. Why are they half-ass over a small area.

The aquarium opens today. It's already after 3 pm and nobody has a report yet? Come on guys, stop slacking and let's see some pics and a review. I'm sure somebody on this site is going to check it out today.

I'm curious if there are lineups?? I'm hoping to go when it's quiet...even if that's a month from now. But maybe, just maybe, it's quiet now if a lot of people don't know that it's opened yet.

Signs on the Gardiner...

5w2p.jpg

I went by around 2pm and it seemed pretty dead. Staff in blue shirts were just wandering around the front. Maybe it was the weather and people probably not knowing its even open.

I went by around 2pm and it seemed pretty dead. Staff in blue shirts were just wandering around the front. Maybe it was the weather and people probably not knowing its even open.

Or it was intentionally opened mid week in the fall when most are either at school or work and it is not peak tourist season. A soft opening is never a bad idea...open to the public but without huge fanfare/marketing just a few media stories.

I drove by it at about 7:15 tonight and it looked like it has for the past couple of weeks...ie. ready to open but not open (even though I know it was open).

Frankie Flowers was on location there all morning on BT and it looks pretty cool. I am sure the vids are on their web page.

It is interesting to know that Ripley's parent company is the Jim Pattison Group, Canada's third largest privately held company.

Yes, Ripley's and Guinness World Records are owned by a Canadian company.

Back