At least the Rogers Centre joined all other 29 MLB parks in having a dirt infield.

It would be interesting if a dirt strip between home base and the pitcher's mound were to be installed, just like in Comerica Park and in Chase Field (as well as the baseball diamond the Intercounty Leafs play in Christie Pits).

The only park that I can think of with that strip from the pitcher to the catcher is in Detroit. More visually appealing without it if you ask me.

I don't know why they don't round out the edges of the dirt behind home plate. Based on that video, it will still have jagged edges.

Wrong kind of grass, man!

marijuana-transplanting-big-buds-mag.jpg

The turf at the Dome is about as patchy as our sidewalks. Is it that difficult to make it look more uniform (blended)?

What are they doing where the dirt will meet the concrete edge? I would think that poses a potential tripping hazard for players if the dirt gets worn away during play.

I don't know why they don't round out the edges of the dirt behind home plate. Based on that video, it will still have jagged edges.

As per Stephen Brooks, the dirt installation will remove the dodecagon at home plate. https://twitter.com/sbrooksbaseball/status/695034333208379394?lang=en

The turf at the Dome is about as patchy as our sidewalks. Is it that difficult to make it look more uniform (blended)?

The patchiness on the turf comes from removing it and re-installing it because of Argos games. Now that the Argos no longer play at RC, that shouldn't be a problem.

What are they doing where the dirt will meet the concrete edge? I would think that poses a potential tripping hazard for players if the dirt gets worn away during play.

The turf will cover the concrete edges. Dirt infields are recessed to some degree, even on grass baseball fields.

How it will look

Ca2zegSUUAACGqI.jpg:medium

The above photo in post #207 shows where the football field would be. The end result should not look obvious where the football field would be. Perhaps it could be Photoshopped to make it less obvious.

The above photo in post #207 shows where the football field would be. The end result should not look obvious where the football field would be. Perhaps it could be Photoshopped to make it less obvious.
Chester's photo doesn't show up. And what football field are you talking about? Are you referencing where it used to be; because the Argos are moving to BMO Field, no?

Back