Interesting in these renderings - a preview of how the reconfigured lower bowl might look - particularly the corner sections.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 11.09.54 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 11.09.19 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 11.13.11 AM.png

Only concern is if they extend any foul territory. We already have the widest foul territory outside of Oakland...would be great if they could tighten up the baselines a touch to be more in line with other fields.

Given that reducing the amount of foul territory means adding more of the most expensive seats in the house, I'm sure they will reduce foul territory right up to the point where the park still plays relatively "neutral" and doesn't become too hitter-friendly.

I recall speculation that the premium seating design would call for a sunken dugout behind the plate similar to Texas and Clevland. I'm happy to see that does not seem to be the case as I feel the broadcast aesthetic really suffers with that design. I'm excited to see the full lower bowl plans. Once complete, RC will look like a brand-new modern park, at least from most TV angles. I've already noticed a huge difference with just the outfield complete.

The renovations and new spaces seem to be getting rave reviews. Looking forward to seeing it all in person.

I still find it hard to believe after all the phases are complete this place will have only a decade or so of life left in it.

I know these are just renderings to show off the views, but they look really off. Like what's going on with the seats? Hope we'll see some better renders soon.

seat-views-9-10f356fb.jpg

Yeah, I feel like the 100 level rendering here is just a placeholder. If there's one thing I'm *certain* they'll do with the 100 level renovations, it's that they're going to reorient all the seats to face home plate (as opposed to now where the seats down the outfield lines look toward the outfield). I'd have to check but I'm almost certain Shapiro has confirmed this many times.

Only concern is if they extend any foul territory. We already have the widest foul territory outside of Oakland...would be great if they could tighten up the baselines a touch to be more in line with other fields.
Given that reducing the amount of foul territory means adding more of the most expensive seats in the house...
I would think the 'new' 100 level will have more 'premium' priced seats, regardless of how much foul territory will be immediately in front of them.
The idea of the new lower level stands being moved in closer to the field, and simultaneously increasing their incline sounds good, but in practical reality is limited by having to avoid them blocking the view from the 200 level.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard any updates on lower bowl plans? I'd have to think TBJ's will be revealing renderings soon-ish...

They announced the Phase 1 reno plans at the end of July last year.
Probably around the same time.

Has anyone heard any updates on lower bowl plans? I'd have to think TBJ's will be revealing renderings soon-ish...
Toronto Star came out with an article about the new clubs and subsequent price increases. There’s a diagram in the article that shows what the new 100 level layout will look like.

EDIT: Read the article a few hours ago looks like they changed the photo of the entire lower bowl to just the premium seating. Perhaps what they originally posted wasn’t meant to be shown.

IMG_2453.jpeg

Weird. The print version doesn't have any diagram and the online version has this alternative. Neither gives a a sense of what Theo overall 10p level will look like, though they must know if they're selling seats.

I feel sorry for the longtime fans getting shafted on this but the sad reality is these moves are always more about maximizing revenue than improving fan experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_120829.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_120829.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 58
I feel sorry for the longtime fans getting shafted on this but the sad reality is these moves are always more about maximizing revenue than improving fan experience.

Rogers wouldn't have bothered doing the renovations if they didn't believe they could boost revenue enough to pay for them.

Weird. The print version doesn't have any diagram and the online version has this alternative. Neither gives a a sense of what Theo overall 10p level will look like, though they must know if they're selling seats.

I think the Star published something the Jays/Rogers didn't want to be shown and they changed the photo to the premium seating only. It looks like the premium sections will seat about 2,500. From what I saw of the 100 level blueprint, it will be similar to what's been depicted in some of the renderings. Foul territory will be reduced and it looked like your typical classic ballpark orientation, with OF seats facing towards the diamond. Both sides were symmetrical except the 1st base line will have a walkway/opening along part of the the outfield warning track for what I believe will be a below deck bar/restaurant area.

I think the Star published something the Jays/Rogers didn't want to be shown and they changed the photo to the premium seating only. It looks like the premium sections will seat about 2,500. From what I saw of the 100 level blueprint, it will be similar to what's been depicted in some of the renderings. Foul territory will be reduced and it looked like your typical classic ballpark orientation, with OF seats facing towards the diamond. Both sides were symmetrical except the 1st base line will have a walkway/opening along part of the the outfield warning track for what I believe will be a below deck bar/restaurant area.
After this renovation will the seating capacity be lowered again from the current 41500

Back