exatly at this point it's been the rogers centre at this p[point it's been called the rogers centre fro longer then it was called the SkyDome. It was Sku dome from 1989 to 2005 (15 or 16 years depending on the date of the name change.) and Roiges Centre from 2005 to the present (19 years as of 2024).

Ted Rogers Memorial Field at Rogers SkyDome presented by Rogers is a far more appropriate name IMO

SportsNet Field (of Dreams)
not available on all streaming platforms

sportsnet-field.jpg

I've never understood the player strike argument as a reason to stop watching baseball. It's been 30 years. Furthermore, all ML sports saw an exponential rise in salaries and compensation during the 1990's, although comparatively, even today, it's far, far less than what ownership makes. That wasn't an MLB-specific phenomenon.

Retaliation due to the strike wasn't the reason. I found other interests and things to do over the following summer (strike interrupted by routine) and by the time I went to another game all the players had changed so I lost interest.

There are so many people that refuse to call it Rogers Centre and still call it Skydome.
I have a hard time beliving that outside of pelople on forms like this, facebook and redit , most of the time they just come acroiss as dumb when they make satments like that saying that it's caslled the Skydome and eveyone in Toronto calls it that or you aren't from Tornto. Itr';s time to move on and acept that trhe name changed.

I think people can call it whatever they want. Legally though, it's still known as the Rogers Centre...and that's unlikely to change until The Dome gets a different owner.

I have a hard time beliving that outside of pelople on forms like this, facebook and redit , most of the time they just come acroiss as dumb when they make satments like that saying that it's caslled the Skydome and eveyone in Toronto calls it that or you aren't from Tornto. Itr';s time to move on and acept that trhe name changed.

You can have a hard time believing whatever you want, but it's the reality.

All things considered, we're lucky to have a name that's non offensive like Rogers Centre. Leaving what you think of Roger's aside, of course.

Some of the names of other sports stadiums are truly abhorrent. Like 'I can't believe this is real' level of bad.
  1. KFC Yum! Arena
  2. University of Phoenix Stadium
  3. Northeast Delta Dental Stadium
  4. Sleep Train Arena
  5. Tony Macaroni Arena
  6. Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
  7. Smoothie King Center
  8. Minute Maid Park
  9. Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium
  10. Whataburger Field
via https://sharpmagazine.com/2016/08/25/the-10-worst-stadium-names-in-sports/

and a some others I found that I just have to share.
  • Crypto.com Arena
  • Guaranteed Rate Field
  • Rocket Mortgage Field House
  • Taco Bell Arena
  • Little Caesars Arena
  • Jobing.com Arena
  • Talking Stick Resort Arena
  • Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
  • PSINet Stadium
  • Bright House Networks Stadium
  • Mend- A-Hose Jungle
  • Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium
At least with Rogers, it barely sounds like it's a business that has sponsored the name. Imagine it was called Pizza Pizza Field or CapitalDirect.ca Centre. Even Scotiabank Arena is arguably a worse name than Roger Centre when you think about it.

Last edited:
All things considered, we're lucky to have a name that's non offensive like Rogers Centre. Leaving what you think of Roger's aside, of course.

Some of the names of other sports stadiums are truly abhorrent. Like 'I can't believe this is real' level of bad.
  1. KFC Yum! Arena
  4. Sleep Train Arena
  5. Tony Macaroni Arena
  7. Smoothie King Center
  8. Minute Maid Park
  10. Whataburger Field

• Crypto.com Arena
  • Guaranteed Rate Field
  • Taco Bell Arena
  • Little Caesars Arena
  • Jobing.com Arena
  • PSINet Stadium
At least with Rogers, it barely sounds like it's a business that has sponsored the name. Imagine it was called Pizza Pizza Field or CapitalDirect.ca Centre. Even Scotiabank Arena is arguably a worse name than Roger Centre when you think about it.

They could name it the BJ Centre?

1. KFC Yum! Arena
  4. Sleep Train Arena
  5. Tony Macaroni Arena
  7. Smoothie King Center
  8. Minute Maid Park
  10. Whataburger Field

• Crypto.com Arena
  • Guaranteed Rate Field
  • Taco Bell Arena
  • Little Caesars Arena
  • Jobing.com Arena
  • PSINet Stadium
  • Mend- A-Hose Jungle

That's another thing I like about some of the original stadiums, like Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium will never sell out to a corporation. It's funny because Wrigley Field was the first one to be corporately named, but I guess because of the history of it, it just doesn't sound cheesy like so many other corporate named stadiums/arenas.

1. KFC Yum! Arena
  4. Sleep Train Arena
  5. Tony Macaroni Arena
  7. Smoothie King Center
  8. Minute Maid Park
  10. Whataburger Field

• Crypto.com Arena
  • Guaranteed Rate Field
  • Taco Bell Arena
  • Little Caesars Arena
  • Jobing.com Arena
  • PSINet Stadium
  • Mend- A-Hose Jungle

They should change it to Rogers Field, at least that sounds like a ballpark name.

I don't know anyone who calls it the Rogers Centre.

Back