All things considered, we're lucky to have a name that's non offensive like Rogers Centre. Leaving what you think of Roger's aside, of course.

Some of the names of other sports stadiums are truly abhorrent. Like 'I can't believe this is real' level of bad.
  1. KFC Yum! Arena
  2. University of Phoenix Stadium
  3. Northeast Delta Dental Stadium
  4. Sleep Train Arena
  5. Tony Macaroni Arena
  6. Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
  7. Smoothie King Center
  8. Minute Maid Park
  9. Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium
  10. Whataburger Field
via https://sharpmagazine.com/2016/08/25/the-10-worst-stadium-names-in-sports/

and a some others I found that I just have to share.
  • Crypto.com Arena
  • Guaranteed Rate Field
  • Rocket Mortgage Field House
  • Taco Bell Arena
  • Little Caesars Arena
  • Jobing.com Arena
  • Talking Stick Resort Arena
  • Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
  • PSINet Stadium
  • Bright House Networks Stadium
  • Mend- A-Hose Jungle
  • Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium
At least with Rogers, it barely sounds like it's a business that has sponsored the name. Imagine it was called Pizza Pizza Field or CapitalDirect.ca Centre. Even Scotiabank Arena is arguably a worse name than Roger Centre when you think about it.
Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX was formerly named Pizza Hut Park!

What a cheesy name.

I would not be surprised if there is (or there will be) a sports venue named after Domino's because that too would be a cheesy name.

dome cracked.jpg

I don't know anyone who calls it the Rogers Centre.
I can say the same thing I don't know anyone that calls it Skydome anymore and a lot of people in my family knew it as both. No mater what you call it the name is going to stay tbe Rogers centrte so why not just change saying it, insted of cslling it something else.

You can have a hard time believing whatever you want, but it's the reality.
nope the ppel who isnsit on calling it SKydiome do it's the Rofgers Center no matyer waht youi want to call it so why not switch. I don't relly seea reason to hold on to the name of anyomre.

FYI You can reply to multiple messages in one post. Adding five posts to reply to five people is unnecessary and unwanted.
I'm well aware of that but several of them were after i had already my initial response. Also the endless posts about saying that people call it Skydome and they should change the name back to it, many people have pointed out that Rogers specifically didn't add the word Skydome to the name because they wanted people to use the new name of it.

so what Rogers baogh the nameing rights and changed the name.
They can put up all the signs they want but since we all know it's SkyDome the true name will live forever!

I'm well aware of that but several of them were after i had already my initial response.
Unless Rogers is paying you, you actually don't have to respond to every post about it. And if they are paying you, I'm totally serious that I will take their money to stop calling it SkyDome so please connect them with me!

Is anyone aware of any top down views of the former and now current seating layout? As a non-avid baseball fan but a big big skydome fan, I want to be able to compare/overlay both to see the difference between the two because it's hard to discern tbh.

Back