It has a translucent roof.

It has a translucent roof.
Indeed it does. Looks like the Korean Sky Dome only seats 16,000 for baseball. The exterior looks cool but even with a translucent roof, it's pretty unsightly on the inside.
1711043285679.png

Screenshot 2024-03-24 11.18.29 AM.png

An interesting tweet from Allison Smith (Politics Today). Based off this tweet it sounds like PCL has to be done by Thursday (March 28th) and they are scrambling to meet that deadline with workers in the RC 24/7.

Also note the "hearing that a lot of sports betting-related screens are being added" part of the tweet as well.

One would think they'd have stone walls, faux or otherwise, if they 're planning to have jousting matches instead of baseball... 🙀

Also note the "hearing that a lot of sports betting-related screens are being added" part of the tweet as well.
This may be an "old man shouting at clouds" moment, but I feel the constant barrage of sports betting ads and content isn't a positive change, and has degraded the experience. Sure, it's always existed (legal or otherwise), but it's gross how pervasive these ads are now.

I'll step off my soapbox now

Hopefully the RC (or SD) reno completion doesn't affect the Jays. I'm sure it'll get done. This is all being done on Rogers' dime.

(Edit: spelling)

This may be an "old man shouting at clouds" moment, but I feel the constant barrage of sports betting ads and content isn't a positive change, and has degraded the experience. Sure, it's always existed (legal or otherwise), but it's gross how pervasive these ads are now.
You aren’t wrong. I am Gen Z and I think it is grotesque too. Sports betting platforms serve no purpose other than to separate you from your money.

I'll step off my soapbox now

Hopefully the RC (or SD) reno completion doesn't affect the Jays. I'm sure it'll get done. This is all being done on Rogers' dime.

(Edit: spelling)
hear! hear!

Even when you listen to sports talk radio or watch the game on TV, it seems like the gambling aspect is bigger then the sport itself now with never the ending flood of a million different gambling site ads. Super annoying.

Last edited:

Back