The above series of posts led me to want to read the text of the marketing speak in full.

It can be found here:

View attachment 515543
View attachment 515544

* Comment *

What no mention of area's colourful characters, the sketch Tim Horton's, or the shelter just down the street? Concision is an art.......its said.

View attachment 515545

*Comment*

I'm actually amused we got no mention of Lake Views. Truthfully you will get those in south-facing units, and because of the railway corridor and then a public park, it seems improbable that they will be interfered with in the near term either.
"* Comment *
What no mention of area's colourful characters, the sketch Tim Horton's, or the shelter just down the street? Concision is an art.......its said."

What?!! No mention of the KFC down the street either? 😲

IMG_0036.png

official ground breaking occurred today

^I'd be all smiles too if I knew i fleeced land from Metrolinx without having to pay for any additional costs like affordable housing, public transit connections, or community benefits.

^I'd be all smiles too if I knew i fleeced land from Metrolinx without having to pay for any additional costs like affordable housing, public transit connections, or community benefits.
This project was previously storage lockers (private property). There is $2.7M of affordable housing, an additional $7.3M of community benefits through Section 37, a new park, a new POPs and so on. Where are you getting your information?

Rental construction starts in Toronto are the lowest in 9 quarters. All of Toronto only has the equivalent of a small town in rentals being built, a fraction of what is needed. Any large-scale rental project that has weathered the interest rate storm and made it to construction in this climate deserves to celebrate.

Care to unpack that a little more? A reminder that Fitzrovia didn't buy the land from Metrolinx, or even the self-storage company, for that matter.

Care to unpack that a little more? A reminder that Fitzrovia didn't buy the land from Metrolinx, or even the self-storage company, for that matter.

I assume he's confusing this with 8 Dawes, which is/was Mx land.

I just hope the green stays GREEN & the copper stays COPPER and DON’T turn into god awful GREY. :mad:… But the whole of Dawes Road, off of Danforth needs a massive revitalization. Looks like a deserted dump.

I just hope the green stays GREEN & the copper stays COPPER and DON’T turn into god awful GREY. :mad:… But the whole of Dawes Road, off of Danforth needs a massive revitalization. Looks like a deserted dump.

I assume you mean the section south of Danforth.

While I like the colours of the glass trim, the overall look feels quite institutional, or even Vaughan-office-park commercial.

The north side meets the ground level with an aesthetic that is less than good but not insulting whereas the south side meets the ground level giving the figure to people on the platform waiting for their train. People staring at that wall could be convinced they were just put in jail. This is only marginally better than blank concrete because they have the gradient of colour. It is too bad they didn't bring more of the front surface treatment variations to the back.... that is a long wall to do much of the same over the entire distance.

Back