Is this another one of those sarcastic, waste of space/waste of 30 seconds of our life posts? Btw, archetectural is spelled architectural, develpment is development and simliar is similar. Your welcome.

By the way, it should be you're welcome (not your welcome). :)

Well, given that you're prone to statements like that, if your dating skills equaled your comprehension of today's heritage norms, whoever applies a knife to your genitals should be awarded some sort of prize.

In the interpreted words of George Costanza: "castrate on!"

Or, in the unfortunately mortal words of someone like ThomasJ: "boom!"

Do you? Look, this has nothing to do with anyone's opinions of heritage or knowledge of architecture. I think kkg7's postings are ridiculous too. Let's be clear that adma has just advocated castrating someone he disagrees with. That crosses onto the wrong side of the line of basic human decency. That should be immediately apparent to normal people. If it isn't to you, then no amount of explanation will make it clear to you. So, that's all I will say about it. Good night.

Then again, you have to consider what I'm responding to: a de facto endorsement of destroying heritage properties through arson. Which, in its own right, is "crossing a line"...

Then again, you have to consider what I'm responding to: a de facto endorsement of destroying heritage properties through arson. Which, in its own right, is "crossing a line"...
Okay. But, to put it as simply as possible, two wrongs don't make a right.

Do you? Look, this has nothing to do with anyone's opinions of heritage or knowledge of architecture. I think kkg7's postings are ridiculous too. Let's be clear that adma has just advocated castrating someone he disagrees with. That crosses onto the wrong side of the line of basic human decency. That should be immediately apparent to normal people. If it isn't to you, then no amount of explanation will make it clear to you. So, that's all I will say about it. Good night.

Doesn't matter. I don't take it seriously when someone resorts to personal attack. I came here to express my thoughts, not exactly to make friends.
Yes, anyone can think my opinions are ridiculous, just like I can think theirs are stupid. The fact is, when there are too many "heritage buildings", the word "heritage" ceases to carry any meaning, especially if you compare to real heritage buildings in the world (recognized by UNESCO for example). When heritage simply means 100 years old, then I am pretty sure in 2111, all buildings in Toronto existing now will be heritage and can never be demolished for new development.

Heritage in your definition, but in mine. Just because you think it is heritage property doesn't mean I have to agree with you. It is like your being a liberal doesn't mean others can't support the conservatives, otherwise it is "crossing the line". You are being narrow-minded by making it a "right or wrong" issue here.
While on the other hand, endorsement of castration against other's will, is a right or wrong issue from any standpoint. Hating someone just because he has a different view is immature.

Since when did being listed as a heritage building prevents a site being developed - examples abound in Toronto of adaptive reuse all the way to demotion and preservation of selective elements. Besides, it isn't like the owner of the site put forth a compelling proposal that would merit replacement either. Besides, if you go by "real heritage" standing a la UNESCO, almost all buildings in most cities around the world would not qualify. That's certainly a "wise" criteria.

And no offense, it's nothing to do with whether one agree with you or not - but your support for an illegal act i.e. arson - as a solution is clearly wrong from any standpoint. Pot, kettle, black?

AoD

Last edited:
Is this another one of those sarcastic, waste of space/waste of 30 seconds of our life posts? Btw, archetectural is spelled architectural, develpment is development and simliar is similar. Your welcome.

your are correcting my spelling mistakes because I hold a different view from yours?
BTW, I feel proud to be able to participate in a discussion in a language other than my native tongue, which is not an Indo-European language. I wish you could try that sometime on a non-Indo-European language forum as well. I am sure people will be glad to help you with your spelling.

your are correcting my spelling mistakes because I hold a different view from yours?
BTW, I feel proud to be able to participate in a discussion in a language other than my native tongue, which is not an Indo-European language. I wish you could try that sometime on a non-Indo-European language forum as well. I am sure people will be glad to help you with your spelling.

kkgg7's posts just bring out the best in everybody, don't they!:rolleyes:

Note to Kkgg7:

It's ok to have a differing point of view but to be taken seriously you need to present it in a reasonable and respectful way... advocating arson for a long-standing building that was beloved by many - whether you care to attempt to acknowledge this or understand why at all or not - is simply ignorant... and all the more so quite frankly that you are obviously not native to this city or country, dismissing everything and anything here as risibly inferior because it isn't as old or as tall as what is found in other parts of the world... this routine of yours has become a little tiring!

Furthermore, this 'I don't care if I make friends here' stance of yours is positively childish. We are not 'buddies' here at UT but we do share a common interest in the development of this city, and presumably a respect for it that includes all aspects of its form, including heritage. Your cheap attempts to be provocative, to goad and incite others, merely distracts unnecesarily from the pursuit of this common interest, time and again and in thread after thread. Who knows, with your differing perspective you may actually have some interesting ideas to offer and a contribution to make a UT but we'll never really know if you continue to insist on being so culturally obtuse.

yonge_historic.jpg

Back