I believe they are not scheduled to be installed until approximately October 8th. Page 75 of this thread has an image of the time frame for the installation. So far, everything seems to be on track.

There is a truck there this morning which has a load of some sort of cladding pieces, I did see blue. But it could just be blue packing materials

maybe because anything around it looks ugly.

Well I love the bold, bright, shiny, golden façade of Club Zanzibar. I also love the large storefront mural of “Made in China†featuring Mao Zedong!

Sorry for the multiple posts. I can't select multiple photos on my phone using the new add cell phone photos feature

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_191828_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140921_191828_hdr.jpg
    826.4 KB · Views: 757
Last edited:
Beautiful structure:cool:, but just doesnt jive with anything around it

If you're referring to the scale compared to the rest of this stretch of Yonge, while true, I'd say thats a good thing. Of course its good design sense to consider the surroundings of a building, but at the same time we can't limit ourselves always to what is already there. In this location - a stretch of Yonge right in the core surrounded by nothing of particular architectural merit - I say that upscaling and change are good things. To all the lovers of the seedy, small-scale Yonge street of the past, I think its time we let go. Our main street deserves better than that (IMO), and I think it is finally getting what it deserves.

Back