Anyone know anything further about MLSE's court filings to have Gardens' name changed?

They seem to be opening more and more stores 24/7 since they got `concessions`in the last contract with their workers so I would expect so - if traffic warrants it.

I wonder if they'll close the one at Yonge/Wellesley.

lcbomlg.jpg

I doubt it. Yonge st has too much of its own pedestrian traffic. If you're already walking along Yonge, a diversion to Church would be a real nuisance. On the other hand this new location will serve a large population that is currently underserved, LCBO wise. I know because I live practically across the street from MLG on Mutual and it's a bummer to have to walk to Yonge & Wellesley to patronize what is, frankly, a pretty sub-standard LCBO.

Wowee. This is going to be a super-duper Loblaws with the LCBO and whatnot. I can't stand the 2 Metros in the area, and that crappy LCBO at Yonge / Wellesley, where the refrigerator for the beer is actually more of a toaster.

That's just the thing. There's probably tens of thousands of people living in the immediate area but, if you want to go to an LCBO that's at least halfway decent, you have to go either to Bay & Bloor, or Yonge & Dundas. And yes, the Metro's are bad. Especially the one in College Park which is a kind of grocery Hell. One place I'll keep going to though, even after Loblaws opens, is the Pusateri Fruit Market. As far as good produce goes, I don't think anybody is going to beat those guys.

That's just the thing. There's probably tens of thousands of people living in the immediate area but, if you want to go to an LCBO that's at least halfway decent, you have to go either to Bay & Bloor, or Yonge & Dundas. And yes, the Metro's are bad. Especially the one in College Park which is a kind of grocery Hell. One place I'll keep going to though, even after Loblaws opens, is the Pusateri Fruit Market. As far as good produce goes, I don't think anybody is going to beat those guys.

Agreed. There are several independent specialty stores in the Church-Wellesley Village that I'll continue to support; Reithers, About Cheese, Pusateri's, Cumbrae's & The Wine Rack along with other shops & services that won't be in competition with Loblaws. I hope that they can survive.

A $30/night dormitory opened up next to the Yonge Wellesley LCBO, in the previous St Marcs bathhouse. Hilarious in one way, but now that LCBO is surrounded by people who used to creep over to Sherbourne at night. No elitist am I, but it's not a nice vibe. I'll bet the LCBO has been looking for a new flagship-store location for this area for some time.

A $30/night dormitory opened up next to the Yonge Wellesley LCBO, in the previous St Marcs bathhouse. Hilarious in one way, but now that LCBO is surrounded by people who used to creep over to Sherbourne at night. No elitist am I, but it's not a nice vibe. I'll bet the LCBO has been looking for a new flagship-store location for this area for some time.

Wow. Thanks for the picture.

They're putting in some full glass windows on the ground floor on Carlton Street, just west of the main entrance. They're a dark-framed multiple-pane grid. They look quite good.

New LCBO? Giddy up!! I can't wait for the Loblaws to open as well. It'll be nice to have a big, reasonably priced grocery store nearby.

I check this out regularly at night when I can take my time peeking in through cracks, gated areas and such. It will get open "This Fall", but I don't think until late fall, probably November, possibly early December. It appears that they've got a lot of work yet to go.

Back