I thought the sign was going to be mounted directly to the arena, but it seems like they’re installing a separate structure to hold it. Let’s see how it turns out - any chance this is for illumination?

D04A8981-F905-4269-A968-B392FE6823BB.jpeg
6F47847D-F17D-4F49-96F7-19FC21CC7706.jpeg

Last edited:
I was worried they weren't going address the giant wall of louvers in the front. Hopefully they will all be covered up or at least painted.

How has that empty space not been turned into a top-dollar sports bar and terrace overlooking the square? People would pay astonishing amounts per drink to be right above the square during a playoff game. Guess there's no practical way to connect it to the interior

Or bump it out so the upper bowl is a complete U on this end. You could put another 2000 seats in there but I suppose there's little financial benefit in doing so. Cost of construction vs added seat revenue? It would be great for fans though.

The amount of branding Scotiabank put on this stadium is already bordering on the ridiculous. I am really looking forward to seeing how dumb the place will look once they are done with it. Whoever decided that "My TV is bigger than yours" is a good way to promote their brand deserves a hug.

The amount of branding Scotiabank put on this stadium is already bordering on the ridiculous. I am really looking forward to seeing how dumb the place will look once they are done with it. Whoever decided that "My TV is bigger than yours" is a good way to promote their brand deserves a hug.

Are you complaining that the screen at Jurassic Park is too big? If so, I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a single fan that doesn’t welcome this change.

Anyone else here old enough to remember the "Smaller is Bigger" ad campaign run by Zenith back in the 70s?

Of course MLSE are spending all this money on branding and bigger TVs but refuse to maintain the elevator on the PATH route or (better yet) put in an escalator from the SBA ticket area to the PATH - those stairs (2 flights of steep stairs) are impossible if you have a stroller, are old/infirm or ..... What's worse they NEVER put up signage telling people the elevator is there or (during the long and frequent periods when it isn't) that one can use the escalators and elevators at Maple Leaf Square.

Maybe the roof will get a clean too!

I'm getting worried about the cladding. Hopefully they're going to layer the proposed patterned cladding over the new black that is being put up.

053iQc1.jpg

The massive Scotiabank branding next to the TV will remove the daylight entering the Gate 5 atrium/PATH and vista of Bremner Blvd, not to mention how ridiculous it will look to have several logos in the same view. When something brands the neighbourhood more than the building, that's when the variance committee is supposed to step in. I'm not really sure what the signage variance committee is for if they allowed this proposal.

Back