^with years of schooling and practical experience an architect can draw better than that. that is just waaaaay too simple.

Are you kiddin' me? It takes years of schooling and practical experience to be able to draw a rectangle. Don't be silly.
It must take decades of harsh critique at a post secondary level to be able to design something so bland. I mean really, how boring and sad of a person do you have to be to draw something like that considering the 100s of millions being spent here.

Just now. Progressing slowly.

20190204_121706.jpg

20190204_121751.jpg

Wasn't sure where to post this, but interesting article mentions that Scotiabank are taking 51% of Bay Adelaide North (which we already knew).... then there is:

“We’re seeing a lot of large mega-deal requirements coming through that could lead to large projects moving forward.”

and that while there is 7.3 Million square feet of new office space currently under construction, there is an additional 24 million square feet currently in the pipeline...

http://renx.ca/jon-ramscar-heads-cbre-toronto-downtown-office/

Wasn't sure where to post this, but interesting article mentions that Scotiabank are taking 51% of Bay Adelaide North (which we already knew).... then there is:

“We’re seeing a lot of large mega-deal requirements coming through that could lead to large projects moving forward.”

and that while there is 7.3 Million square feet of new office space currently under construction, there is an additional 24 million square feet currently in the pipeline...

http://renx.ca/jon-ramscar-heads-cbre-toronto-downtown-office/

Also a note about OTTP taking a larger space than anticipated in 160 Front!

This is fine when 80% of the recent designs to pass through urbantoronto are boxes with tacky patterns slapped on the sides. aA's success led to everybody now copycatting. And, some say aA is overrated. Look around!

There’s no “there” “there”. If I were king of the forest I would ban the construction of glass boxes in T.O.

And the latest CBRE report states that this building is 77% pre-leased (through Scotia, Deloitte, and Cassels Brock), and that LinkedIn has pre-leased 85,000 sf at 16 York.

Richmond-Adelaide or Bay-Adelaide? With the reskinning of RA, the two complexes will have more dull similarities than exciting differences, I fear.

That plaza gets really busy in the spring, summer and fall in the absence of the food concourse. Brookfield makes good use of the space with a rotating selection of food trucks and markets, which gives it a strong sense of place.

The Richmond-Adelaide plaza is underutilized, by comparison, and it's hidden from view at street level. There was a pretty good food festival there over the past few summers, but that's been abandoned. Maybe they don't want it to compete with Chef's Assembly Hall in the $18-25 food court lunch market.

Went back a few pages and did not see this question already asked - but do they have to dig down first to build this? or can they just start building at ground level using the existing parking structure?

Back