you sound like "Anti-Hudson's Bay"?

There is nothing anti-Hudson's Bay in that post at all. They are currently filling their stock to the walls and plastering ads everywhere because there is nothing else on that street that warrants otherwise, and they get plenty of ad exposure to the drivers entering downtown. This, however effectively makes it the ass-end of the building from a pedestrian's perspective.

More development will hopefully encourage them to create a more appealing store-frontage on that side, adding vibrancy to the current dead-zone.

^^ yeeesh. Just dropping by to say that Brookfield should dedicate a new POPS or at least a plaque to the bike couriers who used to blaze here.

Temperance has long been a hub for couriers. Before Cloud Gardens, it was in a retail space in what eventually became Dineen, though I can't recall the name at this point.

There is nothing anti-Hudson's Bay in that post at all. They are currently filling their stock to the walls and plastering ads everywhere because there is nothing else on that street that warrants otherwise, and they get plenty of ad exposure to the drivers entering downtown. This, however effectively makes it the ass-end of the building from a pedestrian's perspective.

More development will hopefully encourage them to create a more appealing store-frontage on that side, adding vibrancy to the current dead-zone.

I got it now then cool

B76DDFF3-6650-4BA5-B99A-79F3F88E7082.jpeg
E7DA7909-FF1A-4A9E-AAFA-A6C08A411BB5.jpeg
588F2ACF-D6FF-43BA-A648-DD56F7EB3343.jpeg

As someone who works in BAC-E, for me the most significant benefit of this third tower is the pedestrianization/elimination of that stretch of Temperance. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly gotten hit by all sorts of vehicles (car, truck, bicycles) driven/piloted by dangerous jerks in a hurry to get from Yonge to Bay.

I'm hoping that this development will make this stretch of Richmond Street feel less like the ass-end of Hudson's Bay. Maybe it will spur them into opening up those ad-covered windows, and add some vibrancy to this dead-zone.

That stretch of Richmond is indeed very bleak. On the south side, it's essentially two parking garage entrances flanking a run down park and on the north side, it's the back of Hudson's Bay for the entire block. Hopefully this new building's lobby facing on Richmond helps create some pedestrian activity that might possibly compel Hudson's Bay to open up their windows and their entrances here.

anyone know whats going on in terms of approvals for this? I presume they have zoning approval from when BAC West was approved, but why is there no public site plan application?

I don't mind these buildings and I do think they have a positive impact on the skyline, but imagine being the lead designer on the BAC projects. Like, how easy was it to design these? It looks like it couldn't be any simpler.

I don't mind these buildings and I do think they have a positive impact on the skyline, but imagine being the lead designer on the BAC projects. Like, how easy was it to design these? It looks like it couldn't be any simpler.
Are you kiddin' me? It takes years of schooling and practical experience to be able to draw a rectangle. Don't be silly.

Back