This would look good almost anywhere!! What a beautiful podium. Love the arch, love the cladding, love the scale, love the contextuality (word?). The glass tower will contrast nicely with the King Eddy and the church spire. What's not to love I ask?!

This would look good almost anywhere!! What a beautiful podium. Love the arch, love the cladding, love the scale, love the contextuality (word?). The glass tower will contrast nicely with the King Eddy and the church spire. What's not to love I ask?!

At least based on the renderings, much of this proposed building is really nice BUT I think the height of the tower portion and how it affects the wonderful row on the south side of Colbourne needs to be looked at very carefully. It is interesting that none of the renderings (and they are just 'artists' impressions') shows how the building looks on or from Colbourne or against the existing Market Square building on the east side of Church. Buildings DO need to be judged on their context not only their architecture.

At least based on the renderings, much of this proposed building is really nice BUT I think the height of the tower portion and how it affects the wonderful row on the south side of Colbourne needs to be looked at very carefully. It is interesting that none of the renderings (and they are just 'artists' impressions') shows how the building looks on or from Colbourne or against the existing Market Square building on the east side of Church. Buildings DO need to be judged on their context not only their architecture.

I think you make an exellent point, and buildings should absolutely take their surroundings into consideration. To me, 60 Colborne seems to do this. The harder surfaces of the podium will dialogue nicely with the heritage buildings you mention without aping them too literally, while the lightness of the glass tower will add density to the area and contrast nicely with the King Eddy and St. James without overwhelming them. What concerns do you see?

I think you make an exellent point, and buildings should absolutely take their surroundings into consideration. To me, 60 Colborne seems to do this. The harder surfaces of the podium will dialogue nicely with the heritage buildings you mention without aping them too literally, while the lightness of the glass tower will add density to the area and contrast nicely with the King Eddy and St. James without overwhelming them. What concerns do you see?

I have not seen (and the renderings - of which I am always a bit wary - do not show) how the tower portion 'interacts' with the lovely row on the south side of Colbourne and does not tell us much of how it will interact with Market Square across Church Street or, god knows, the 47 storey proposal for King. At the moment, I am neither again the proposal or in favour of it - I need more information.

I'm not sure if anyone looked at the report, but it outlines the retail entrances. Two of them are on Church immediately next to either side of the arch and another is on Colborne. The condo entrance will be on Colborne.

It seems like a missed opportunity to have an entrance on King. This is disappointing. Without an entrance there, the building will deaden the corner (not that it is alive now, but a retail entrance there would be much more engaging).

Back