News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There's some great pics on here. If you have a really good and recent photo of the toronto skyline I would encourage donating it to the wikimedia commons so it can be put up on the Toronto wikipedia page. The pics on there are all from around 2005 or earlier and do not represent Toronto well considering the massive changes in recent years.

here is the link: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toronto

Thanks for the link, good one
There's some great pics on here. If you have a really good and recent photo of the toronto skyline I would encourage donating it to the wikimedia commons so it can be put up on the Toronto wikipedia page. The pics on there are all from around 2005 or earlier and do not represent Toronto well considering the massive changes in recent years.

here is the link: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toronto

Sunset from the islands..

IMG_1181.jpg

panoramic small.jpg

Two I took last week..

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,341
  • panoramic small.jpg
    panoramic small.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,361
Working on a drone video with a friend and the plan was to get shots at Sandbanks Provincial Park this morning, but the forecast called for fog and we weren't up for the added risk of flying over water plus fog. Back up plan was to go get shots of the Toronto and North York skylines. Last night was North York, and the results were decent. This morning at 6:30 am we left for Corktown Common to make it in time for that perfect morning light. Here is a still from the yet-to-be-edited video:

hKAuWyb.jpg

Terrific shot, our skyline looks very impressive from that vantage point, just wait until they add 1-7 Yonge, the Mervish-Gehry towers, 156 Front, Union office tower, 10 York, Massey tower, plus, well, you get the idea (just too many to mention). I'm such a geek, but I'm so very excited to see how our skyline will look by 2020, if it looks this good already, imagine the addition of dozens of very tall skyscrapers, especially the future record breaking Mervish-Gehry, 305 meter tall condo, FCP will FINALLY loose it's title of Canada's tallest, unless of course the decide to build an addition on the roof. FCP is 298 meters, so a mere 7.1 meter structural addition to the roof and they'd maintain their bragging rights. I must be dreaming, but I could have sworn I heard, about a year ago, they were actually considering putting an additional 10 meter addition to their roof, has anyone heard of such a thing?

Back