Pic taken Feb 8, 2018

ScFiRdM.jpg

this thing is ugly as fudge. are we that desperate for colour that we're praising oxblood tinted glass guards? yuck!

the angled balconies are awkward as well

window wall and tinted glass. seriously? I can't believe people like this design

this thing is ugly as fudge. are we that desperate for colour that we're praising oxblood tinted glass guards? yuck!

the angled balconies are awkward as well

window wall and tinted glass. seriously? I can't believe people like this design
Some of us appreciate elegant simplicity more than others apparently

I guess so.. just can't understand how someone consider such a heavy handed use tinted glass 'elegant'

I guess so.. just can't understand how someone consider such a heavy handed use tinted glass 'elegant'

It's also possible to appreciate the design for reasons other than the use of the tinted glass/presence of colour; I like it regardless of the colour, and I'm also totally fine with how colour is used here.

I rather like this building as well. It is refreshing at the very least.Perhaps a bit 'Kenner'
images.jpeg

How many remember this toy?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 554
The use of colour is modern, bold, and graphic. It adds some interest and life to the building.
It emphasizes the alternating angles of the balconies. Yes, the wedge shaped balconies reduces the functionality of the balconies and not very furniture friendly, but in reality most don't really use them other than to smoke or enjoy a drink while taking in the views. I don't live there so it doesn't matter, but at least it looks neat and respectable on the outside.

Just compare it to the Studio Condos in the background, where it's the typical huge mass of grey window wall with grey spandrel -- not very inspiring.

I wish they were a little more heavy handed. The white balconies (I'm really not sure if it's a frit pattern, a tint or, even dirt) should be whiter.

Back