The incredibly wide sidewalk at the base of the tower is finally open, and several new high-class restaurants look ready for opening at the base of both the towers. The lighting feature on the Delta hotel is also working, making this an incredibly photogenic tower at night. Today especially, since both the Delta and the CN tower were purple.

The Delta's scheduled to open to the public on November 27, which is 10 days from now. Source: https://www.deltahotels.com/Hotels/Delta-Toronto

These pics may not be that great considering all of them were taken with an iPhone. Wish I had my dSLR with me, but whatever.

BPhmFXn.jpg

A4P29Vi.jpg

2wK0PIK.jpg

8tbTJlS.jpg

oXLN2lw.jpg

Vi3Kq86.jpg

iyiWF0D.jpg

7uRpU6M.jpg

4fplCJi.jpg

WPi2mjz.jpg

fXNUEP2.jpg

dAVhgVb.jpg

Wp7rLAN.jpg

iAzlW82.jpg

8EGECGO.jpg

Great lighting It should illuminate a bit higher though, I wanna see how this looks from afar particularly the traditional island view.

Delta has an ad on the Youtube homepage. Says "Coming soon to the SoCo neighbourhood". Yep. SoCo just happened officially. unbelievably tacky. Most people probably don't even know where SoCo is.
Hotel looks great though. I'm not a fan of the overall bleak building design (part of it is the bulky glass boxes that share the same block with it that add to the bleakness), but from the west, the zipper pattern and interesting roof look quite nice. Also a rare occasion where the logo slapped actually adds to the building imo.

Delta has an ad on the Youtube homepage. Says "Coming soon to the SoCo neighbourhood". Yep. SoCo just happened officially. unbelievably tacky. Most people probably don't even know where SoCo is.

LOL, it's how these things tend to happen. It's probably a little more organic and easy than 'Southcore' though, which really hasn't caught on in any way. I don't hate SoCo but it does strike me as a little too New York!

Isn't this SoCo?

1361447971_Soco-family.jpg

LOL, it's how these things tend to happen. It's probably a little more organic and easy than 'Southcore' though, which really hasn't caught on in any way. I don't hate SoCo but it does strike me as a little too New York!

Or London. Unfortunately there are more character in both cases than SoCo corporate sensibility and aesthetics.

AoD

Back