6255709178_9ed4ddb499_b.jpg

6255178445_f7bd86ea80_b.jpg

6255180077_2586c01632_b.jpg

6255183127_a970f5fc64_b.jpg

It will be interesting to see what happens to the SkyWalk. If they connect the SouthCore towers to the south wing of the Convention Centre, and then on to the Aquarium, they've essentially reached as far inside as the current SkyWalk currently goes (the covered part of it peters out around the CN Tower). Interesting out that's become a white elephant as the city has grown.

Who owns the skywalk?

Hopefully they'll also connect Southcore to the Skywalk as well. It's definitely underutilized and could finally flourish with that shot in the arm.

If 171 Front St W ever goes ahead the Skywalk would start to make sense again. I don't know if it's technically feasible, but a northward connection from the Delta to the Skywalk (perhaps intersecting on a diagonal with the existing bridge over Simcoe?) might also help. And then there's always the possibility of redevelopment, I suppose.

Yes, they will be connecting the Delta to the Skywalk, making another PATH loop via Union Station.

I could see a northward continuation from the highest part of the Skywalk, over Station St and through the second floor of 171 Front St W, and then down to Front St.

Edit: ...though the Skywalk as is would be awkward for getting into the Convention Centre without a few modifications; isn't there just the one door between the Skywalk and the stairway coming down from the Convention Centre bridge?

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the Delta tower rising... I think it's going to be super sexy with its Ritz Carlton-style zipper section... and a bit more shape to it than most Toronto towers. :)

Nice pic Mo-tage..didnt realize that both buildings (Bremner Tower/Delta Hotel) will be built on a smaller footprint than Telus or even the PWC tower...Gee, these two towers are going to be super slim.:cool:

Nice pic Mo-tage..didnt realize that both buildings (Bremner Tower/Delta Hotel) will be built on a smaller footprint than Telus or even the PWC tower...Gee, these two towers are going to be super slim.:cool:
It does seem like a pretty small footprint for two towers. This might help with visualizing it though.
urbantoronto-2271-6467.jpg

nice pic Mo-tage ^^^, i'm very much looking forward to seeing the brand new wall of buildings alongside the railway tracks... the view from the TD Centre/Canoe is only gonna get better/more big city feeling.... it's a bit unfortunate that the wall won't go any further west, due to the aquarium/open spaces, but at least there's some potential going east and south,

It does seem like a pretty small footprint for two towers. This might help with visualizing it though.
urbantoronto-2271-6467.jpg

This is what passes for architecture these days? Jesus Christ... Let me look at this picture for 30 seconds then take it away, give me a ruler, a pencil and a piece of paper and I'll copy it from memory.....

This is what passes for architecture these days? Jesus Christ... Let me look at this picture for 30 seconds then take it away, give me a ruler, a pencil and a piece of paper and I'll copy it from memory.....

To be fair that render doesn't do Delta justice really..

Back